Book 1 (Short)

-

It was a perfect early fall day, the sun was shining through open windows illuminating the rooms with a cheerful brightness.

But it wasn't a "perfect" day for Nebula. The alarm clock did not wake him up and he was late for work... When he opened his eyes and the realization sank as soon as he checked the time. He knew he's gonna get his ass scolded by the manager. He ran to the bathroom for a quick shower. Unfortunately, he burned his skin a few times with the hot water, he gave up and rushed outside, wearing his uniform. As soon as he reached Starbucks, he breathed heavily, feels like he was about to die, and can't breathe for a moment. When he rushed to the back and opened the door, sweating and tired in his eyes. When Wendy saw Nebula, she wasn't surprised since Nebula has been late for the 20th time. Wait, maybe MORE than 20. Wendy sighed loudly and turned to Nebula. "What's your reason again? Your pet fish ran away?" Wendy asked sarcastically. Nebula rolled his eyes and said, "Yeah right, he ran away last night." Wendy raised her eyebrows, "You know, I was being sarcastic right?" Nebula looked at her, "I know, dipshit." Wendy chuckled, "Come on, let's get to work."