Chapter 1: life now

It's been over 2 year since Charlie and I first met. I remember it like it was yesterday. The first day of a new semester. My first glance at him was in form, when he walked towards me. I knew who he was but never talked to him before. He was bullied by my mates, but I never said anything  to make them stop bulling Charlie. I wish I did. His mental health isn't good. Sometimes I think it's my fault and that's why I have to cure him. But mental health isn't something you can cure. You just have to be there. That's why I was sad when Charlie left to go to a psychiatric hospital. It is good that he did but those months were hard for me without him here. 

In the first year of us being together no one really knew we were dating. It was our little secret. But I realised that I had to come out, for me but also for Charlie. So I told everyone I was bisexual. I was surprised that almost everyone was positive about it. I say "almost everyone" because my brother has been a prick since I came out. In fact, I didn't even came out to him, he just found out. I don't see my dad as much as I would like. He lives in Paris but even when I went to Paris he couldn't make time for me. I never really experienced my dads love. My mom on the other hand is the best mom ever. She was so supportive when I came out. Since my brother studies at university, it's just been us two. It is always quiet, except when the whole family is together. Every family dinner someone shouts or runs away from the table. Charlie says that at his house that is the case everyday. I guess that's why he is here so much. He says I am lucky. And I am lucky; lucky to have an amazing mom and an amazing boyfriend. 

It is our 2 year anniversary and i haven't bought a gift for Nick yet. I guess I've been busy with therapy and stuff that I just forgot about it. I go to therapy for my eating disorder and OCD. My therapist is called Geoff. It was weird to go to therapy at first but he really helped me a lot. So has Nick. He helped me found out I had an eating disorder. If I didn't have him, my life would be so different.  I went to a psychiatric hospital. It helped a little, but stuff like this don't just go away. And being at home doesn't help that much either. Every day I have a fight with my mom. She doesn't accept the fact that I am sick. That's why I stay with Nick lots of the nights. Sometimes I feel bad for leaving Tori at home with my mom. 

Tori is my sister. She kinda quiet and doesn't have lots of friends. I can count her friends on one hand. I think her mental health isn't quite good either but if I tell her that she will deny it. Whenever I am at Nicks, Tori needs to watch Oliver. Oliver is my other sibling. He is 7 years old and only wants to play Mario Kart. Oliver and Nick are best friends. Sometimes I think Nick is a better brother for Oliver than me. My dad is the one who is keeping this family together. He listens to me and understands what I am going through, unlike mom. But today I don't want to take about my family. The only thing I have to worry about now is getting Nick a present.