5/7/23: Penny's Backstory, Kinda

OK SO [spoilers kinda]

Basically, Penny's parents, Peter and Sydney Decat, were scientists doing comic book scientist stuff, and one day Penny and the house cat Laika were left unattended near some weird genetic splicing equipment, and one thing lead to another and Penny and Laika were fused together. So now Penny is half cat, and at first she's still almost entirely human, but as time went on she became more and more cat like. It's expected to continue throughout her adult life, until she ends up being completely cat around her 70s.

Sydney does her best to care for her weird cat daughter, but Peter can't handle his weird cat-human daughter and leaves the two on their own. Sydney ends up projecting her own guilt and sorrow onto Penny, and while she isn't an abusive or neglectful or terrible mother, she's not as good as she could be.

Sydney then dies of an unspecified disease when Penny's in her preteens, and Penny starts shoplifting from stores to feed himself; she gets caught, and is considered a freak of nurture AND nature and a criminal, so she's heavily ostracized in life.

Sometime in her early 20s she learns about transgenderism, and she's like "hm I might be a woman" and she starts her transition yay good for her 👍

And so now she's an evil villain and she sics radioactive hounds onto some cops and one gets bit and becomes a superhero and while fighting this superhero a prototype cloning device is accidentally activated and her clone, Lil Petey, is formed except he's even farther in becoming cat than she is, and will probably be a normal house cat by his 40s.