Dying?

Duane

Duane Lee, Leland, Jamie, Dakota, Lyssa, Leiana, Abbie, Bonnie, Gary, and me were in Beth's hospital room.

Duane Lee brought Dylan.

Leland brought Cobie and Leiah.

Dakota had Asher.

Lyssa also brought Mady.

Leland and Jamie had left since Leiah was getting tired.

Dakota and Cheryl had left since Asher had fell asleep.

Leiana had left with Abbie and Mady since they were tired.

She looked up at me.

"Duane Lee, Dylan, Bonnie, Gary, let's give Baby Lyssa a minute alone with Beth."

"Uh.... Of course."

He placed his hand on Lyssa's shoulder.

We walked out.

Beth

"Please wake up, Mom." It was Baby Lyssa.

I knew I was still alive.

"I will wake up at that ungodly hour to hike Koko Head Mountain with you. I will take up Bounty Hunting again. Despite all the memories that will come with it. All the very painful memories and experiences."

She stroked my hair.

"It's not time for you to go. Not now, not for a long time. You are much stronger than this."

Duane

"Please wake up, Mom."

I looked down.

"I will wake up at that ungodly hour to hike Koko Head Mountain with you. I will take up Bounty Hunting again. Despite all the memories that will come with it. All the very painful memories and experiences."

Baby Lyssa stroked Beth's hair.

"It's not time for you to go. Not now, not for a long time. You are much stronger than this."

Beth

"I'm holding you to that, Lyssa Rae."

Lyssa smiled at me through her tears.

Cecily, Bonnie, Gary, Duane Lee, Dylan, and Duane were standing outside.

She helped me sit up.

"I've got you."

Duane

"I'm holding you to that, Lyssa Rae."

Lyssa smiled at Beth through her tears.

She helped her sit up.

"I've got you."

I walked back into the room.

"I'll race you to the top of Koko Head Mountain."

Both of them laughed.

"I think we both know who's winning that."

"You, of course."

"Flatterer."

"I've learned the art of flattering women."

Both of them laughed.

"I'm happy to see you so happy."

"None of it would be possible without you. I wouldn't have had the courage to leave Bo if not for you."

They smiled at each other.

"I've got to get home to my girls. Before my ex decides that I'm a terrible mother."

Beth laughed.

"Though he's in a Jail cell. So, I don't really know how well that'd play out for him."

Lyssa walked out.