⛄ three ⛄

Mia's POV

The sun peeks out from the cloudy sky above. I'm seated criss-cross on my front lawn, for no reason in particular. It's calming out here. My neighborhood is pretty much silent, so no one can bother me here.

A moving truck pulls into our driveway. I keep forgetting we've only lived in this place for about a week; it seems longer. My grandmother walks outside past me, showing the mover guys where to put the boxes.

They all head inside. It's dead silent again. I stare off into space, focusing on the orange house across the street. Luckily, it's a bright, cheery orange; this is good only because this house is the view outside my window, and I wouldn't want to look at a shit-colored house.

A football lands on the grass in front of me. It's laying perfectly on it's side. I turn to the left, the direction it came from to get a view of three boys looking at me. They want their football. I can't really see their faces but the oldest looks about my age, 16, then 12, and 9.

It's Daniel. I can tell; the oldest boy in the group is him.

"Hey! Can you throw us our- oh, hey Mia!" He exclaims, running over. "Tommy, Robbie, go inside. I'll be in later."

The two younger ones turn around and go inside, rolling their eyes.

"Hi, Daniel," I say, picking at the grass. Daniel sits down next to me, smiling.

"So you're the one who just moved in... Cool! This is great!"

"I don't really know anyone though," I frown.

"That's alright. I'm you're friend, and I can help you meet people... Like, for starters. The house to your left? That's where Diego and Gigi live. Then across the street is where Emma lives, then to the left of her house is Maddie. Then to the right, four houses down, that's where Andi lives," he stops, catching his breath. "Too much?"

I smile and shake my head. "You're a piece of work, Miller."

"Thanks?" Daniel stands up, holding his hand out. I take it gratefully and stand up. "Wanna come over?"

Eh, why not?

"Sure."

✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕ ✕

i'm a sick lil boy cri

k den bai

-jswizzle 👽