1

Esi

Esi

"I know I was just playing but I'm actually gassed you're coming here! We're 'bout to be terrorising these teachers fr fr." said my friend Jada, her image on the ft call was glitching because of her extra movements. She didn't even have to say all that, I know she's excited kmt. I'm joking of course, I love her over-the-top self, we are well-balanced, see I'm the more reserved type, I don't get in fights unless someone's tryna fight me, I barely talk to any guys, but that's mostly because they're all clapped.

Sorry, I should probably introduce myself, my name is Akosua Adéyẹmí, my dad is Nigerian and my mum is Ghanaian, I know I know it's a weird pairing but that's me. I'm 16 bout' to be 17 real soon and I study English Literature, History and French at St Andrew's, a secondary school in Woolwich. The picture above is what I look like and the one below is my bestie, Jada. We've known each other since primary, if that's not my soulmate then I don't think they exist.

"No way, your teachers are already scared of you, I don't need you to get expelled as soon as I join!"

"Yeah, aite, I'll be docile... until you get settled in." she starts wheezing as if it's funny,

"How are we even friends, your sense of humour is so bad,"

"Whatever, you know you love me babe," she said smugly, she already knew the answer,

"You right, I do, I shouldn't tho. Anyway, I gotta go eat my breakfast, chat to you inna bit."

"Alright love you, bye"

She hangs up

"Akosua come down!" my mum

"Mepaakyɛw, mereba" I run down the stairs as my mum forces me into the garden to take pictures. Once she's satisfied she looks through them smiling, I don't see why, the uniform is so ugly, we have a purple and grey striped tie, grey skirt, grey jumper and a purple blazer.

"Esi, ah, you look so smart! Make sure you face your studies, don't abuse these teachers like Kofi did." she points a warning finger at me.

"Mum!" My brother, Kofi, looks up from his phone with mock betrayal on his face.