Volume 0 - Chapter 4: Party Hard

-Third Person POV-

Ahri was sitting inside of Glynda's office, having a small tea party between the two.

Ahri: So, you called Ozpin?

Glynda: I did, the apparition of Raven Branwen in the territory means your arrival was noticed sooner than we expected.

Ahri: Is she an enemy?

Glynda: That is uncertain, she used to be an ally, but she abandoned her team and family a long time ago.

Ahri: And do you think Kris could be in danger because of her?

Glynda: I doubt she would try to abduct him while he is on school grounds, but is not something that unlikely. Her portals are her semblance, but they need an anchor to work. She most likely infiltrated here while she was transformed into a raven, if she escaped using a portal, it means she has an anchor inside her base of operations ready at all times. It would make a kidnapping something easy and quick.

Ahri: But what could this anchor be?

Glynda: A person, that's how her semblance work, she has to establish a connection with someone to be able to anchor portals to them. So far we only know about three anchors, her brother, an ally of ours still, her daughter Yang Xiao-Long and her ex husband and father of Yang, Taiyang Xiao Long. Anchors she... hasn't connected to in a long time.

Ahri: Why did she abandon them?

Ozpin: That would be because she learnt the truth of this world, the same one Kris is aware of.

Glynda: Tea?

Ozpin: Yes please, I left my coffee in my office unfortunately.

Ahri: Kris gave me a rundown of the history of this world. The one he knows of at least, if it's worth anything, he sees you as a victim if the circumstances.

Ozpin: There is no need to see me that way.

Glynda: I gotta admit, when you revealed everything, all that you were previously hiding... I still find it difficult to process.

Ozpin: I made mistakes. Mistakes that lead this world into a war in the dark. It was cowardly to try and run away that night...

Ahri: She wasn't the woman you loved anymore, she had become something else, it's not your fault. Sometimes people simply lose themselves, to the point where it's impossible to bring them back.

Ozpin: Talking from experience?

Ahri: In a way. I was close to becoming something similar once in the past. But I brought myself back on my own... for the most part. I had some friends along the way.

She said as she remembered the odd group she had joined in her journey to the shadow isles. The past she uncovered, and the future she helped to save from the black mist.

Ahri: Either way, this wouldn't be the first all-corrupting entity gone crazy because of a lost lover that I have fought.

Ozpin: Now that sounds like an interesting story. Would you be so kind as to share it?

Glynda: A pair of centuries old people in my office, sharing stories of their magical adventures through the ages... I feel like a child listening to their parents talking about adult matters.

Ahri: Are you not interested?

Glynda: Oh please, this is certainly the most interesting conversation I could ever be part of.

Ahri: I feel like Kris would love to be here hearing this too, I wonder if he is already back in the dorm.

*