up on the roof with a school girl crush

hello! i've been working on this for a minute and i finally finished it this past weekend, so here we are. grab a snack and settle in, and lmk your thoughts! enjoy :)

"Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas!" Cassie calls out as she enters the apartment.

"Hey!" Kate calls out from the kitchen, "How was the ride over?"

"Boring," Cassie leaves her gifts by the usually unused dining room table, "Where's Yelena?"

"Here! I am here!" Yelena rushes down the stairs in a carefully-practiced grace and Kate grins at her. She's donned tonight in a green Santa hat and a purple and white Christmas sweater (which Kate picked out because Yelena picked out hers) and a pair of black jeans with fuzzy Christmas socks.

Her blonde hair is carefully braided on one side and free-flowing on the other and she quickly greets Cassie, "Welcome."

"You're a better host than Kate," Cassie comments, walking into the kitchen where Kate's working on cookies, "Your hair's wet."

"I took a shower an hour ago," Kate responds, elbowing Cassie out of her space, "Have you heard anything from Pete and MJ? They should be on their way."

"Yeah, they're coming," Cassie waves her off, "What are you making? I've never had a brown cookie before."

"Chocolate chocolate chip cookies," Kate responds, scooping dough onto the cookie sheet as the oven beeps, signaling that it's done preheating, "Lena, did you order food?"

"I did," Yelena responds, running a hand through the still-wet portion of hair at the back of her head. Kate ignores the way that the motion sends chills down her spine and hopes to hell that Yelena doesn't notice either. She doesn't seem to and just continues talking, "You really should've blow dried your hair, Kate Bishop, it's never going to be dry at this rate."

"I showered an hour ago!" Kate exclaims, wagging her spatula in Yelena's direction accusatorially, "Get off my back."

"Dude, it's five, why did you wait so long to shower anyway?" Cassie asks, walking around the island in the kitchen and sitting in one of the seats across from Kate.

"Lena woke me up early to go work out," Kate says, barely aware of how Yelena's preparing a snack beside her and completely aware at the same time, "Then we went out and got lunch, ran a couple of errands..."

"She was tired by the time we got back here," Yelena chimes in, "So we took a nap."

"And then we woke up, realized that we still hadn't showered, so Yelena offered to wash the sheets because they're gross now and I showered."

"And then I showered and blow dried my hair," Yelena says, walking around Kate with a platter of chips and dips and some snacking vegetables. She mutters something in Russian that Kate can't decipher (she gave up trying back in high school, she's never been good with languages).

"Oh yeah, and you braided your hair, too, thank you for showing me how better put together you are," Kate teases, and Yelena grins.

"You love me anyway."

"I guess so."

"Where's Lucky? Normally he greets me at the door," Cassie asks, switching topics completely and taking a chip off the platter.

"Oh, shit," Kate meets eyes with Yelena, who nods.

"I'll be right back."

Cassie watches as Yelena leaves the kitchen and disappears up the stairs before whipping her head back in Kate's direction, "You nap together?"