CHAPTER 2: Star

As I walked out of the school, I saw my favorite person in the world, Sky. I smiled, knowing that he is the only one who would ever be able to make me blush to where my ears go red. It's embarrassing as hell, I know, but he makes me feel something else. Sky's the one person I go to with my problems, and he always seems to find the right things to say. Honestly, I think the first time I realized I liked him was when accidentally walked in on him changing. He was just standing there in his sweatpants and a sports-bra. I almost died when I saw him look at me, smirk, and say, "Take a picture hun, it'll last longer." 

     "God, this man's gonna be the death of me," I mumbled, not noticing Sky walking towards me. "Who's gonna be the death of you?" he asked, putting his hands in his pockets. I looked up at him and giggled, saying, "Nobody." He smiled and shook his head. "You need a ride?" he asked, motioning with his head towards his truck. I love his truck, and I always will. It's old, yes, but he bought it when he turned sixteen and he fixed it up with the help of his dad. It's an old 1970-80 Ford f150 single cab pickup. He's had it for about a year and a half now, and he keeps it in good shape. If you were to ask him if he'd trade his truck for a Lamborghini he'd say, "Hell no, I bought that truck when I was fifteen. There ain't no way I'm ever gonna trade it for some bloody sports car." His accent would pop out every now and then, making it seem like he was either Australian or British. He hates his accent, but I honestly think it's cute. I kinda wish he'd use his accent more often. 

     "Star?" Sky asked, making me look up at him. "Huh?" I asked, "Oh, y-yeah. I'd like that." I blushed and he chuckled, reaching forward and moving a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Your ears are red again love." he said, putting his hand back in his pocket quickly. But he wasn't fast enough. I stared at his pocketed hand and he cleared his throat, nervously saying, "We'll talk about it later." I nodded and started walking towards the truck, waiting on the passenger side for him to unlock it. Once he walked over and unlocked it, I got in and put my seat-belt on. He got in and started the vehicle, pulling out of the parking-lot and began to drive in the direction of my house. We sat in silence, him holding the steering-wheel with his left hand while his right hand lay covered by his hoodie sleeve in his lap. I reached over and put my hand on top of his, causing him to jump and try to pull away.

     I softly grabbed his hand and unbuckled my seat-belt. I scooted over to the spot beside him and put that seat-belt on, moving his hand into my lap. I could feel that his hand was tense so I started to draw little circles on the palm of it with my thumb. He relaxed a bit and I smiled softly, being careful not to move his sleeve up too much. I knew what had happened, I just wanted him to say it. I feel like it's better for him to explain why it happened rather than to assume. Pretty soon he pulled into my driveway, putting the shift in park, and pulling out his phone. I glanced over his shoulder and saw him texting his mom, saying he was gonna spend the night at my place. I smiled a little bit and laid my head on his shoulder. He sent the text and put his phone back into his pocket, sighed and laid his head on top of mine. He started bouncing his leg so I moved my left hand to his knee, causing him to stop and let out a small chuckle. He opened his hand and laced his fingers with mine, causing me to smile even more than I already was. However, my smile faded when I felt a slight wetness on his knuckles. 

     I sighed and said, "Let's go inside so I can clean this up." He lifted his head and opened his door, letting go of my hand and getting out. I got out on the passenger side and followed him up to the front door, pulling out my house keys and unlocking it. I stepped in and put my bag on the ground, reaching back and taking his uninjured hand in mine. As I led him to my room, I saw my mom in the living room with some of her friends. "Hey mom, Sky's gonna be staying the night," I said, receiving a smile and a nod from her. I looked back at Sky and said, "Come on." I pulled him into my room, closing the door and locking it. "Hoodie off," I said, walking over to my bathroom and opening the cabinet. I pulled out the gauze and disinfectant as he walked into the bathroom. 

     I motioned for him to get up on the counter, walking to the other side of the bathroom and grabbing a rag out of the basket. I turned around to see him sitting on the counter, his hands in his lap, and looking down at the ground. I walked over to him and picked up the disinfectant, putting some on the rag and looking at him. "Let me see your hand," I said softly, holding my hand out. He placed his injured hand in mine and I choked air. His hand was bleeding badly, his knuckles entirely split open. "Star, I-" he began, but was cut off with a groan as I put the rag on his wound and began to clean the blood off. "Bloody hell," he mumbled, his face turning white. "Sorry," I whispered, leaning up and kissing his cheek before going back to cleaning his wound. 

     I had started to clean everything up when he said, "Someone was talking shit about you." I looked over at him and asked, "Who was it?" He looked at the ground, picking at the bandages on his hands. "Your ex," he mumbled, anger visible in his voice, "He was saying how you had slept with other guys while you were with him." He looked up at me, sadness in his eyes, "Even said you had gotten pregnant and had chosen to abort." I sighed and walked over to him, running my fingers through his hair as I stood in front of him, ignoring the fact that I was standing between his legs. 

    "We both know I don't sleep around Sky. You know I wouldn't," I said softly, playing with the hair on the back of his neck. He leaned forward and rested his head on my shoulder, mumbling, "I know, but they don't." I placed a soft kiss on his head and wrapped my arms around him, closing my eyes as he held me close. "We know, that's all that matters," I whispered, "They'll figure out he's a liar sooner or later." Sky just nodded, and for a second, I could feel him relax into me. God, what is this man doing to me?