Chapter 1

Some people are sad when they have to leave all their friends and family back home to return to school. Me, well, I couldn’t be more excited. I’ve waited all summer for the day to come.

Today, I move back into my sorority house at UCF. I’ve missed the girls so much. And of course the parties and the boys.

It’s been quite a long summer back in New York. Nothing seemed to go my way. Things ended my douche boyfriend in July and spent the rest of the summer getting drunk and sulking over it. I was fired from my job at the local café for poor attendance. My mom was not pleased with me. She could barely control her own life so I wasn’t going to let her control mine.

It’s my sophomore year. I’m back in the warm, sunny weather of Florida and don’t have a care in the world.

I was elected as social chair last semester. I have the final say in all the social activities and all the frats we party with.

Not to mention the best part of it all is I have my own room. Okay, well not my own room. I share it with my best friend and pledge sister, Skylar. But we do have our own bathroom.

I pull up to the sorority house. I say my hellos to some of the sisters. I really just want to run straight up the stairs to my new room at the end of the hall.

All morning Skylar has been sending me pictures of what she’s done with our room already. Her side looks incredible.

I open the door and Skylar is nowhere to be seen. I spot her blankets moving up and down and heavy breathing coming from her bed.

I jump on top of her sleeping body. “Wake up!” I shout.

Muffled groans come from under the blankets. I rip them off of her. She shields her eyes with her forearm to block the sunlight pouring through the open window.

“I’ve missed you so much!” I pull her arm from her face and force her to hug me. It was quick moment before she’s shoving me away. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

“I’m hung over Allie” she groans. “I’ll be happy later.”

Skylar yanks the blankets from my grip and pulls them back over her body.

I’m not mad about. I talked to Skylar every single day over the summer. At least three times a week we would Skype.

I guess I should get to unpacking my belongings and getting my side of the room situated. I love listening to music when I clean and unpack but I know Skylar would kill me if I even played music from my phone.

I hate making the bed. It takes me almost a half hour to get all my sheets and blankets on it.

After that is all done I manage to hang up a few posters, arrange my desk and decorate by the time Skylar starts stirring under the sheets again.

Our room is perfect girly room except for my sports memorabilia I placed on my shelves. Somehow my signed baseball by Derek Jeter just didn’t seem to go with her plush Hello Kitty stuffed animal.

“Hello little! I didn’t even see you come in.” My big sister, Mads comes in and nearly lifts me off the ground.

Not only is she my big sister in the sorority, she is one of my stepsister’s good friends from home. I’ve known her since high school. To be honest, I never really liked her. She was always such a bitch but she took good care of me my freshman year. She’s the reason I pledged Delta Gamma in the first place.

“Mads!” I scream causing Skylar to groan more than she did before. “How have you been?” I ask in almost a whisper now, not wanting to wake up the princess.