the boy who knew nothing

| three |

Amaya found Ichigo standing against the rooftop's railings, his body turned to her but his head hung from his shoulders, his face was towards the sky, frowning as usual.

She took a deep breath, hoping it would calm her little heart down and walked over to where he stood. She stood by his left side and stared at the buildings nearby, her hands folded neatly together as it rested upon the railings.

Ichigo didn't look at her but she looked at him, taking in the more matured version of Ichigo.

"You know... some people may think you're in love with me or something if you keep staring like that Amaya." he said to her, as he opened one eye and smirked at her tired face.

That's because I am, silly, she thought as she forced a small smile onto her face.
She let it slip just as soon as it came and breathed out.

Ichigo noticed this.

"H-How was vacation?" He asked nervously, realizing there must've been a reason to the bags under her eyes.

He scratched his head.

She shrugged, "It was okay..." She answered quietly, "How was yours?"

He smiled, "It was great! I met all these amazing people, I think you'll like them very much! There's this kid called Toshiro who I think is a gen-" Ichigo rambled on and Amaya attempted to smile at his story but she couldn't do it.

She bit her lip and looked down, feeling the tears burn the back of her eyes. "That sounds wonderful Kurosaki." she said right before walking away.

She couldn't remember whether he called out for her or not, but at that moment she couldn't care.

She felt selfish for not feeling happy for him, but her body was too tired for faking. She had too much on her hands in that moment.

Amaya collected her things from the classroom, politely saying goodbye to a few friends and left school early.

She told the teachers that she wasn't feeling so great but would come back to class in a day or two. They let her off, sympathy glittering in their eyes as they gave her pity smiles.

She could care less.

As she walked home, her mind was all over the place. She couldn't focus at all on what she was doing or where she was going until she heard a loud cat meow to her left.

She looked over to see a black cat with golden eyes stare at her.

It cried out again when it noticed that Amaya had stop to look at it.

Amaya smiled at the cat and walked towards it. She reached into her back as she got to the can and got out her lunchbox that she didn't finish because of a certain strawberry.

There were a few leftovers in there and Amaya just gave it to the stray cat [she noticed that it had no collar and smelled a little].

It ate quickly, purring here and there.

She smiled at how cute the cat looked and thought of her little Akiro. He must be so lonely at home alone when she had to work and so an idea popped into her head.

She carried the cat home.

*

Tatsuki yelled out at Ichigo as soon as he came back to class, shoving him into the blackboard.

"Oi!" He stopped her fist from coming at him.

"What did you do to her you bastard?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He replied in a confused tone that seemed to anger Tatsuki more.