Chapter one: as the years went on

A few years ago my parents divorced. My mother moved on after a few months - I don't think she was truly in love with my dad. She never seemed in love. She always commented on everything he did. Since they got married. My father works in a small cafe he owns. He doesn't earn much money, but its enough to keep him on his feet. My mum got married to a rich man and we now live in a mansion and have a maid. I hate that he is so lazy! My mum's name is Lilly and her boyfriend's is Rob. My dad's is Oli.
I go to the local school in my town in Brighton. I got my nickname, popcorn, from my best friend Coral. My mum used to always call me Pop which got changed to Popcorn a few years back. I'm not too sure I can call Coral my best friend still. She started modelling and became the most popular person in the school. I'm still the only person she hangs around with, but she judges people by their looks, or if they're not as rich as herself.
Since my little sister April was born(she's 7 and I'm 14) , all my mum ever cared about was her. I'm not jealous, I'm annoyed. We never spend time together anymore. She never talks to me either. I mean, if I were my mum, I'd do the same as my sister has a disability. The doctors say she'll never be able to walk, talk or eat by herself, and things like that.
I'm happy that I can rely on my dad. He's a bit like one of those stereotypical dads. He's ever so loving and doesn't judge anyone.