ill be back

The week had ended

The week had ended. It felt like it had gone by too fast. Unfortunately I wasn't able to spend this last night at Gaon's house. I had to pack. Fortunately he would be driving me to the airport tomorrow, so at least I would be able to get one last goodbye in, before leaving. I had always gone outside by myself to watch the stars before meeting Gaon. But now, I couldn't imagine watching the stars without him.

I tried to fall asleep but I just couldn't. I couldn't take in the fact that I would be leaving Gaon behind for who knows how long. All I could do was hope that I stayed in America for only a short amount of time. A month at most would be fine, although it would still be difficult, I would be able to get through it. Anything longer than a year would seem unbearable.

In the end I decided to take some melatonin gummies to help me sleep since I had to get up super early. I finally fell asleep after a while with Gaon on my mind.

𓆩⟡𓆪

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I dreaded the irritating sound. The fact that I had to leave as well made it 10x worse. I got up hesitantly and began to get ready, I put on the best looking outfit I could find left in my closet and did my makeup.

I texted Gaon to make sure he was still coming get me, before quickly taking a granola bar out of the pantry to eat before the flight. He texted back fast saying he was on his way, so I went outside to wait.

I still couldn't believe it was happening. I was excited that I was being offered such a great opportunity, but I was also scared of leaving Gaon. I was scared of the possibility of losing him to someone else. Although I told myself he would never leave me, the thought never left my mind. With me being in a whole other country, there was nothing I could do to stop him from finding someone else.

He finally arrived and as soon as I stepped in the car I noticed how puffy his eyes were. My heart broke. He looked so sad. Was it too late to say that I didn't want this?

The ride to the airport was silent, the only sound that could be heard was the sound of sniffling. Just seeing him this way was enough to bring a tear to my eye. Before I knew it my vision blurred and I felt hot tears running down my face.

We soon arrived and stepped out of the car, not saying a word until we got inside. As soon as we stepped in Gaon grabbed my hand.

"I wish I could come with you. I'm going to miss you so much Star. Please think of me while your gone and don't talk to any other guy." He laughed slightly through his tears.

I couldn't do this. Seeing him cry like this broke my heart. How could I ever leave him like this?

"I would never Gaon. I'll think of you always. How could I ever forget you?" I cried.

Tears spilled from both our eyes and I hugged him, not wanting to let go.

"Star... every night I'll look at the s-stars and always t-think of you. I-I love you so much." He said through sobs.

"Y/n."

He looked at me confused.

"My n-name. It's y/n." I sobbed.

He smiled through his tears, "y/n I'll be waiting for you when you come back. I'll be the first person you'll see."

"I love you Gaon."

"I love you too y/n."

I broke the hug as they called my plane. I waved to him sadly, before hesitatingly walking to the direction my plane was in.

I never thought my first time on a plane would be so sad and heartbreaking.

𓆩⟡𓆪

Currently listening to dear H and good enough while writing this