1: art deco

Natalia nervously entered the noble building. She was early and she was wearing her prettiest dress. Still, she was super nervous, because she absolutely needed this job. Finding a job this week was her only chance of staying in the country.

In the lobby she was immediately greeted by Peter, the lobby boy and also one of her closest friends. He helped her get a job interview. And without him she would never have managed to get an interview in the most famous hotel in the States. Peter took her suitcase from her, in which all her belongings were, and placed it behind him.

"You can wait here, I'll let Mrs. Murphy know you're here, she'll come pick you up right away, okay?"

"Yes sure, thank you Peter" Natalia replied gratefully and looked around the lobby.

"You're welcome, I'll be right back, okay?" he said and then disappeared.

And a few minutes later a blonde woman appeared in front of her and held out her hand. "You must be Natalia Volkov, right?"

"Yes that's me, nice to meet you Mrs. Murphy" she replied politely and shook her hand.

"Come on, let's go to my office and then we can talk a little" said the woman and Natalia followed her.

In her office, the two sat down and Mrs. Murphy smiled gently at her. "You don't have to be nervous, okay? I just want to talk a little. And maybe you can already answer my first question. Why do you want to work here?"

"Well who wouldn't want to work at the Grand Ivy Hotel? And I think I'm fitting for this job. I've worked in many hotels and therefore have a lot of experience"

"Very good"

"Thank you Miss"

"Well you know, this job is hard, not everyone is made for it. But you get paid generously. Most maids stay with us for two years. In the meantime, you don't have much free time, but you can save a hell of a lot of money and then build a nice, successful future for yourself"

"That's not a problem for me"

"You would work six days each week. You'd get free accommodation, always two employees in one room. The meals are also free and you get breakfast, lunch and supper. So - do you have your CV with you?"

"Yes sure" Natalia replied immediately and took her CV out of her bag.

"Thank you" the women said and looked at the piece of paper.

After a few minutes she looked up again, "You need the job to be allowed to stay in the States, right?"

Feeling caught, Natalia looked at the woman, "Yes" she admitted.

Natalia was already sure that she would get kicked out of the hotel. But Mrs. Murphy just nodded.

"Okay, your resume is impressive. You can work here. One month is a trial period, if everything goes well on both sides after that, the contract will be extended. Don't disappoint me, okay?"

"Yes, thank you!" Natalia replied happily, while the woman grabbed a contract and signed it at the end.

"This will be your salary. Read everything carefully and please bring the signed contract back to me tomorrow. You would start tomorrow morning. And I guess you would want to take a room here too? Or do you have your own apartment outside?"

"I would take a room, please" Natalia answered politely.

"Okay sure, I would walk you around now and show you everything. Your uniform will be brought to your room tomorrow morning"

"Okay, thank you"

Mrs. Murphy took her to the the staff accommodations quarter on the ground floor, "Here's your new room, you share it with Mary. She is very nice, don't worry" she said and gave her a key.

"On the ground floor is the lobby, the restaurant and the kitchen, a casino, the staff accommodations and the pool" explained to her while she showed her all the premises. And Natalia couldn't stop being amazed, everything was beautiful.

"The hotel rooms are on floors 1-9. I'll show you how the rooms are set up and where the lifts and stairs are. Your working day starts tomorrow at 6 in the morning. Meet Mrs. Jackson at 6, she's your new boss, the head of the maids. She will explain everything important for your job"

After Mrs. Murphy showed her the rest of the hotel, they were back in the lobby, "But you are not allowed to go on the 10th floor, okay?"

"Okay yes, I'll remember that" Natalia answered immediately, but wondered what was up there.

But apparently Mrs. Murphy noticed Natalia's wondering look, "On the 10th floor is the hotel owner's office and bedroom. He has his own maids. You don't have to go up there. Follow that rule, he doesn't want regular employees upstairs in his floor"

"Okay yes I will"

"Good. He is very strict, but still very nice once you get to know him better. Maybe you'll get to know him soon"

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

I know it's a bit different (with being set in the 70's and Javier being a hotel owner) so I don't know if anyone wants to read this story

But I'm really excited for this fic!