Chidi's Delema

Paring: Chidi Anagonye x Reader

Summary: Chidi wants to tell you about Elenor and Jason but he can't because it's against his moral code.

You were sitting in the courtyard of the good place, enjoying the peacefulness of the surroundings and still a little shocked you got in . As you sat there lost in your thoughts, you didn't notice someone approaching you until they spoke.

"Hello, may I join you?"

You looked up to see Chidi Anagonye standing before you, a nervous smile on his face. You felt a flutter in your chest at the sight of him, but you tried to play it cool.

"Of course, Chidi. Please, sit down."

Chidi sat down next to you, his leg bouncing . You could see the tension in his body, and you wondered what was bothering him.

"Is everything okay?" you asked.

"I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed," he admitted. "I'm trying to decide what to do here, and I feel like I'm stuck. I mean the whole idea of the good place is for me to relax but I can't"

"Woah man, what's got you so worked up?" You asked, trying to figure out why the man you loved was practically losing his mind.

Chidi sighed. "That's the worst part. I can't even tell you because I promised not to tell anyone."

You nodded sympathetically. "I understand. It's hard to deal with a situation you can't tell people about ."

Chidi laughed tiredly . "I wish I could just have a clear answer, you know? But life isn't that simple."

You smiled at him, feeling a warmth in your chest. "No, it's not. But sometimes, you just have to trust your instincts and go with your gut."

Chidi looked at you, his eyes shining with gratitude. "Thank you. You always know just what to say."

You felt a blush creeping up your neck at his words. "Hey man, I'm just here to help."

Chidi's hand brushed against yours, sending a shiver down your spine. "You do more than just help. You make everything easier."

You turned to face him, your heart thudding in your chest. "Chidi, I..."

Before you could finish your sentence, Chidi leaned in and pressed his lips to yours. It was a gentle kiss, but it was enough to make your head spin. You wrapped your arms around his neck, deepening the kiss, and he responded eagerly.

When you finally pulled away, you were both breathless. Chidi smiled at you, his eyes shining with emotion.

"I've wanted to do that for so long," he said. "I'm sorry if I overstepped."

You shook your head, still reeling from the kiss. "No, you didn't. You definitely didn't."

Chidi's smile widened, and he pulled you into a tight embrace. You felt safe and warm in his arms, and you knew that whatever he was dealing with , you would be there for him.