You're On Your Own, Kid

Ahoy Friends,
Guess who's backkkk. Sorry im so inconsistent. I'm gonna make each part title a song title. T Swift anyone? The song match the vibe of the chapter btw. The song lyrics will be in italics.

Fay's POV
I made my way down into the kitchen. I wish I didn't have to wear a dress. Don't get me wrong I love my body right now just not in a dress. Ironic isn't it, you think after a year I'd be better.

Summer Went Away. Still, The Yearning Stays.

My thoughts are interrupted as Cayden comes strutting into the kitchen. He is wearing a white button down and black dress pants. The first two buttons on his shirt are undone revealing his chest. "What do you think?". He asks while striking a pose. "Do the ladies dig chests?". I giggle. "Please never say that cheesy shit ever again".

I Play It Cool With The Best Of Them.

We break out into a fit of laughter. Chris interrupts us. "Ready to go?". He raises an eyebrow. "We don't have all night". Cayden walks gracefully past him. "All right sweetheart, don't get your panties in a twist."

We arrive at the house across from us, which supposedly belongs to Cayden's girlfriend. Since when? As soon as we get there I'm greeted by a tall brunette. She seemed nice until she looked me directly in the eyes while kissing Cayden on the lips with that distinct bitchy face I remember from somewhere, dragging Cayden off to the backyard.

I spent half an hour chatting with Chris and Isabella, Cayden's girlfriend's twin sister Enola. Enola and I were fast friends. "Alright, I'm going out back, you guys coming?". She glanced back at us. "Yeah, I'll be there in a minute". I walked over to the sink and chugged some water. "Fay?". Chris asked softly. "Hm?". He seemed scared. "Can I ask you a question?". I nodded. "Shoot". He cleared his throat. "Why did you leave?". My whole body went frigid. I glared out back at Cayden laughing about something with Isabella. I was just praying he would help me. God, just notice me.

I Wait Patiently. He's Gonna Notice Me.

But he doesn't.

It's ok, we're the best of friends anyway.

I start to panic. "Can we-". I voice starts to break. I catch myself. "Not here ok? Maybe another time, just not right now". I say softly. Just as he's about to speak I'm being picked up and whisked outside by a wet, muscular body. Cayden in running with me over his shoulder. Before I can protest I'm being thrown into a the pool, fully clothed.

The next thing I know all of us are in the pool, having a splash fight. I splash Chris hard in the face. He let's out a surprising loud laugh. "Fay, you stinker". My mind immediately drifted to the first time he said that to me as a joke when we first started dating. I just kinda stuck after that.

I Hear It In Your Voice. You're Smoking With Your Boys. I Touch My Phone As If It's Your Face.

When we all calmed down a bit Isabella shifted he body from Cayden to me. "So Fay, what even happened to you, I remember you were really skinny, do you have some sort of eating problem or weird shit like that?".

I Didn't Choose This Town. I Dream Of Getting Out.

I look over at Cayden fully expecting him to help me, defend me, at least send me a worried or an I'm sorry look. Nothing. I started to feel panic coming on.

There's Just One Who Could Make Me Stay.

I get up and out of the pool. I stop and give her a disgusted but hurt look. It doesn't actually hurt that bad, I was just praying maybe one person would care. I was used to it anyway. "What the fuck". I scoff. "I don't for your information, I'm gonna leave now". I start walking away but stop at the door. "She's delightful Cay, you make great choices in women".

I walk across out of the house infuriated. Cayden knows about my eating disorder. He knows everything. Why the fuck didn't he care. He knows how much I've struggled. He knows all my hurt. I do so much for him. For everybody. What more did they need from me?

From Sprinkler Splashes To Fireplace Ashes. I Gave My Blood, Sweat, And Tears For This. I Hosted Parties And Starved My Body Like I'd Be Saved By A Perfect Kiss. The Jokes Weren't Funny, I Took The Money. My Friends From Home Don't Know What To Say. I Looked Around In A Blood-Soaked Gown And I Saw Something They Can't Take Away. 'Cause There Were Pages Turned With The Bridges Burned. Everything You Lose Is A Step You Take. So Make The Friendship Bracelets, Take The Moment And Taste It. You've Got No Reason To Be Afraid.

I changed into pajamas and tied my hair back collapsing onto my bed.

Cayden woke me up a couple of hours later and dragged me downstairs. I rubbed my eyes. "Cay, it's like 1 in the morning what do you want from your ginormous kitchen that you need me for". He said nothing for a minute before pulling me into a bone crushing hug. He put his soft lips to my ear and just kept whispering that he was so sorry over and over again. Then he made me eat chicken tenders with him.

You're On Your Own, Kid.

You Always Have Been.