Chapter Seven: Fuzziness.

*Unedited.

°Chapter Seven: Fuzziness.

Raine's POV.

I muffled a very disgruntled noise that arose in the back of my throat when Mabel hit the foot of my chair for the sixth time.

"Mabel," I whined in a whisper without turning back to look at the color-frenzied girl that at times like this, was unfortunately my friend.

"You have to tell me what you guys were doing!" She rushed out in a hushed whisper that made a few heads turn to look at her, including our teacher, Mrs. Lawrence.

"I'm sure you'd love to share your words of wisdom in a louder voice to the class, Miss Retcherman." Mrs. Lawrence said sarcastically making everyone look at Mabel, including me.

Mabel flashed her a sickly sweet smile and intertwined her fingers that were placed on her desk before replying.

"No, Mrs. Lawrence, I'm sure the class has better things to hear from an intelligent divorcee teaching reproduction rather than my silly little talks," Mabel said. "I promise to not disrupt your class again."

Mrs. Lawrence looked like she was about to have an outburst at that moment but she released it all with a sigh and aggressively turned over to the next page of her notes.

"That was not nice, May," I mumbled as I doodled at the end of my book.

"Why you don't say." She replied in mock surprise making me shake my head at her attitude.

I quietly took out a sheet of paper and wrote to her what she wanted to hear.

I did, somehow, meet Damien Perez by my locker and I told him that I liked his voice. I know, that's so embarrassing, but what was more embarrassing was his reaction to that.

"I like your voice," I blurted. "Perez," I added as if it would save me the mortification.

I was stunned. My body stiffened in place at my stupidity.

Damien, on the other hand, tilted his head slightly and looked at me more intently before slowly sinking his hands into his pocket.

I blinked at his face, waiting for him to say something. Anything! As long as it would take the attention off of me.

I watched as a small smirk slowly tugged at the corner of his lip making my toes wiggle inside my boots. He slowly leaned closer, his face reaching down to my eye level making it easier for me to look at him without tilting my head up.

I sucked in a breath when his hot breath hit my face. I wanted to break eye contact but he was too much into my personal space for me to look away.

He finally parted his lips and said something. Something that made my mouth hang open.

"I know that, Raine."

I could feel my cheeks heating up from just thinking about it and I suddenly felt like everyone was watching me and they know what happened.

I sighed and just scribbled to her that we just met in the hallway and he asked me how my nose was doing and then I tossed the note to her when the teacher wasn't looking.