˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥Prologue

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗Prologue╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
Prologue
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

This is it, I can see the opening to the neck! Just one more move and I'll finally be able to kill this demon!'

Y/n positioned herself prepared to make the final move to this battle that have seemingly been going on for hours

"Breath of the cloud, fifth form: Destructive thundercloud!"

Y/n leapt up and soon became invisible due to the layer of gray clouds covering her so as to confuse the demon. Suddenly, Y/n jumped back down, slashing the demon 4 times, ending with a slice to the neck. Finally, the battle was over. The demon screamed in agony but it seemed that Y/n was too busy in her thoughts that she couldn't hear the demon's screams of defeat.

'Finally... That means I'm a hashira now right? Surely I didn't imagine that thing written on the demon's eye... Did I?'

Before Y/n could come to a conclusion, her dizziness took over and she passed out due to her injuries and exhaustion.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Aoi-chan could you please bring over some medicine? I feel that our dear patient here would be waking up soon" a mysterious gentle voice said as Y/n was slowly regaining her consciousness.

"Understood, Kocho-sama" another mysterious voice said as Y/n heard a door open then close.

'Who....?' Y/n thought to herself as she woke up.

Y/n gazed at her surroundings. She noticed that she was in an infirmary of some kind, there were beds lined up some with injured people resting and there was also a strong smell of medicine. A person stood beside the soft bed Y/n's laying in, a woman with a gentle aura and black hair that fades to purple; she was wearing a purple butterfly clip and a demon slayer uniform with a haori that resembles butterfly wings.

"Oh my! You're finally awake!" the mysterious woman said.

"Who are you?"

"The name's Shinobu Kocho, insect pillar, and you must be Y/n L/n I believe?" Y/n nods as an answer.

"That demon I killed...-"

"Is lowermoon one, yes"

"That means I'm a hashira now right?"

"Naturally. Would you mind me asking for your age?"

"14"

Y/n noticed Shinobu's eyes grow wider for a second before it returned to its neutral expression, Shinobu's smile then became softer at Y/n's answer.

"Oh my! Just like Tokito-kun" she exclaimed in delight.

"Who's that?" Y/n asked as she tilts her head, confused.

"The mist pillar. Quite an extraordinary boy! 14 years old just like you!" Shinobu explained.

"He must've gone through some tough training.." Y/n said in wonder.

Before Shinobu could reply someone walked in the room, a young girl with blue eyes and black hair styled in pigtails with two blue butterfly clips similar to Shinobu's purple one.

"Kocho-sama here are the medicines you wished for." the girl said as she handed a cup filled with medicine to Shinobu.

"Oh and the mist pillar has come filled with injuries from a mission and wishes you to check up on him" the girl added. The girl's voice was the same one that Y/n heard talking with Shinobu a few seconds before Y/n woke up.

"What a coincidence, we were just talking about him! Very well then, Y/n please this medicine and rest. I'll make sure to contact M/n-san that you've awoken!" Shinobu said as she exited the room along with the girl leaving Y/n with her own thoughts.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

About half an hour later. Y/n is now gazing outside the window just beside her bed. The weather was nice, the sky was clear with no clouds visible and the sun was shining brightly.

Soon, the door opened catching Y/n's attention. There at the door stood a woman with braided long black hair and green eyes, it was M/n, the very woman who adopted Y/n. M/n ran over to Y/n to hug her, Y/n can't help but smile at her mother's actions.

"Y/n! Are you alright? Do you feel pain?" M/n exclaimed in panic.

"I'm fine mother! Perfectly fine!" Y/n smiled as she reassured her mother.

"Oh thank goodness! I was worried sick! If you got hurt badly or died I would've blamed myself for ever letting you become a demon slayer!" she said so quickly that it took Y/n a few seconds to understand what her mother said.

"Don't say that! I'd happily die as a demon slayer! It's like those books where the main character sacrifices their life for the greater good and everyone praises them for it!" Y/n exclaimed in excitement as she thought of all those fantasy books with heroic characters that she read.

"Stop comparing real life to fiction.." M/n said in a tired voice due to the many times her daughter has fantasized about being heroic.

"You're no fun!"

"....Hey, mother...about the demon I killed-"

"I know, it's lowermoon one"

"Well then...are you.....proud of me..?"

"Very proud."

And with that, M/n smiled at her daughter who couldn't help but tear up at her mother's response.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

'*•.¸♡ Taisho Era Secrets ♡¸.•*'

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ At first M/n didn't want Y/n to become a demon slayer but after the 129th time that Y/n bragged about how heroic she would be as a way to convince M/n, it finally worked and
Y/n became a demon slayer.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ It took the author 1 year to finally decide to revive this book by rewriting it. (I am so sorry to those who wanted an update on the original chapter 1 ╥﹏╥)

'*•.¸♡ To Be Continued ♡¸.•*'