Chapter 35

everyone i am changing my username- just to clear up any future confusion that i might bring <3

"so, you'd like to learn the art of healing with your cryo vision, is that it?"

"yes," you responded. "do you have any knowledge capsules that can provide me with that information?"

"hmmm," dori hummed. "give me one second. for your kindness, i will give you a 50% discount. allow me to get the capsule."

she dug through her items, grabbing a gleaming knowledge capsule. just by looking at it, you could tell that it was quite valuable. being a matra meant that you were familiar with how to tell knowledge capsules apart from each other by rarity, and this one clearly had the information that you needed. if you were still a matra, you'd have to reprimand dori for distributing such valuable knowledge, but you weren't involved with the akademiya, so what was the point? even people in the akademiya that you knew - al haitham - was involved with these stuff.

"how much for it," you asked the merchant.

"hmm, i'll charge you 30,000 mora."

you gave her a look of disbelief, your eyes shining with confusion. your hood and mask were on, but the eyes are the window to the soul. she giggled, "i said a 50% discount. did you want full price?"

"i'll save money when i can," you responded.

after handing her the mora, you took the capsule in your hand, "thank you, dori. i included a tip in there for you as well."

"lucky me," she sang. "enjoy your purchase! come again!"

you nodded and began to walk away, then a smile grew on your face when you heard her call you again, "stay safe, my favorite ex-matra! may mora shine on you for years to come!"

"remember dori," you called back, not turning around. "if word gets out, i will find you."

"you have my word!"

after finding a more secluded space, you set down the knowledge capsule, absorbing the information without effort. your head ached slightly, then a sense of familiarity came to you. instinctively, you grabbed a small pocket knife and ran it across your palm, feeling the sting and let out a small yelp of pain. blood seeped out, dripping down your arm, but you didn't feel as panicked as you expected.

you closed your eyes, focusing a ball of cryo energy like it was second nature, and held it over your other palm. a cool, minty feeling felt like it touched your cut, then when you opened your eyes, it was closed. not a scar remaining.

"sick! if only i had known this before," you said, looking down at your hip where your scar was. "i wonder... what if i get rid of it? eh maybe later."

after tucking the knowledge capsule in your bag, you decided to head back to the forest to check on cyno. even though you two argued, you didn't want any bad blood between the two of you in case something happened on the mission you pitched with dehya.

you ran home, right to cyno's room where he was reading a book about the latest tcg updates. a chuckle left your throat, and you knocked on the wall to get his attention. he put down the book and looked at the doorway, seeing you leaning on the frame.

"hey," he said, awkwardly coughing. "how was your training with dori?"

"it went well," you said happily. despite the fact that you just needed a knowledge capsule, it would benefit you long term if you played it off as practicing with dori. that way you could try and stall as long as possible. "also... i wanted to say that i'm sorry as well. i know why you were worried, and i understand that. let's not fight, okay?"

you walked over to him after closing the door, sitting on the portion of the bed that cyno wasn't taking up. he nodded, agreeing with your statement, and pressed a chaste kiss to your lips. "that doesn't mean i should have undermined the work you've put in. it's no excuse, but fear took over... even though i know that you've worked hard and have your original skillset and more, the image of you when i first saw you came to mind. i'm sorry."

"the past is the past," you assured him. "it's alright. now as repayment, hand over your leg!"

cyno looked at you in confusion as you moved to sit down on the foot on the bed, grabbing a pair of scissors and some wrap before doing so. he had many questions but still gave you his leg that was still in its bandage. "what for?"

"i want to try some of my healing on it," you grinned. "can i?"

"by all means," he encouraged you. "i think you're the one doing me a favor here, actually."

you removed some of the bandages, and you saw his wound was still bleeding. then, you focused your cryo energy on the wound, and it began to close up. however, you needed to stop it before he was fully cleared to return to his activities. otherwise your plan would be foiled. you healed him just so the bleeding stopped.

"that's about all i can do, but i can definitely learn more and improve it," you said, re-wrapping his shin, happy with your progress. he smiled at you, bringing a hand up to your cheek and cupping it endearingly.

"thank you," he said. "that saved me a week of being stuck here."

you smiled, "of course! i'll learn more in two days."

"at least i should be able to walk around now," cyno smiled and dropped his hand. "i'll be able to help you and dehya in no time."

you tried to stop a frown from spreading on your lips: there is no way in hell i'm letting you do that right now.

"of course! i'd be happy to help," you chuckled. "do you need anything? food maybe?"

"a small snack wouldn't hurt," he smiled. "but i can get it myself. you must be tired today from those eremite camps and training your healing."

"yeah," you said. "mind if i crash here for a few moments?"

"of course," he said, moving out of the bed and pressing a kiss to your forehead once you were settled under the sheets. "i'll eat quickly and come back. when do you want me to wake you up?"

"hmm... an hour is all i need."

"alright," he said. "have a nice nap. i'll wake you up."

"thanks!"

cyno left to gather some snacks for himself, walking around and smiling at the lack of pain. meanwhile, you were left in your thoughts, being unable to sleep.

this is the second time i've lied to him... and hopefully when i return from this mission i can explain it in its entirety to him. let's hope this goes off without a hitch.

meanwhile, the flame mane was watching kahj nisut from afar via telescope, watching the progression of their base. "well," she muttered to herself. "{name} better be ready with that suicidal plan of theirs. looks like we'll have to execute it tomorrow. i'd better let them know."