Beyond the sea(somewhere, waiting for me)

A: N my first take on mermaid levi and fisherman Erwin hope you enjoy this

Levi's eyes peek above the water cautiously, the membrane of his second eyelids blinking to clear the droplets from his vision as he stared intently across the waves. The object of his most recent fascination was puttering about on a modest fishing boat, repairing damaged nets, and checking through all of his equipment after a long day on the water.

And what a long day it had been. Levi had been observing him not-so-secretly as he went through his tasks, and the mer was nearly at his wit's end after a few days. Another painful cramp rattled his abdomen under the water and he winced, one webbed hand reaching down to press his palm flat against his aching vent. He was desperate to be seeded; it was the only reason he had spent so much time near the surface as of late, seeking out the perfect human to fertilize his clutch was no small task.

He'd been in the area nearly a week now, breaking off from his pod mates in search of a partner to spend his season with. Much to his chagrin, like all the previous years before, the small coastal village that was so popular with his pod had been all too frustrating for the heating raven. Any human he considered suitable enough to sire his clutch was either already claimed by another mer or donning a shiny metal band around their finger that he knew meant to stay away unless he wanted to be chased away by a squalling angry spouse.

That was, until he'd caught sight of the tall blonde fisherman trawling in the quiet cove off of the southern coast of the bay. Levi was the only mer from his pod that hadn't paired off with a mate by now, so he'd taken off to nest down in the calmer waters in that direction at night to sleep off his loneliness and try fruitlessly to satisfy his heat by himself until the sun rose again. Imagine his surprise when he woke up one morning to find the absolutely stunning specimen of a man chugging along on the smooth waters.

Levi had only spied on him for a couple of hours on that first day before he decided he was completely infatuated with the human and he would do well to satisfy the burning need within him. From the way his golden skin would shift with strong muscles underneath as he threw out and dragged in the nets, to the way his blonde hair shone in the midday sun like the shiniest of treasures down below. He knew that the man would make an excellent sire, his strength and physical prowess ensuring his seed would take and with any luck would lead to strong and capable pups.

Not to mention that he miraculously hadn't been claimed by another mer, if the scent of him floating along the breeze meant anything. Levi could only detect the saltiness of the sea and his own sweat coming from the human at this distance, and he hungered for more than just a taste.

Taking in the intoxicating fragrance one more time before making his move, Levi dove under the water with a silent splash, his powerful tail propelling him under the waves and towards his target.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Erwin wiped the sweat off of his forehead with the back of his hand, heaving the last bit of the net up over the side of the boat and surveying the catch. Fishing in this area had been kind to him over the last year he'd lived here, and the last few days had been especially bountiful. Though, he supposed it mostly had everything to do with the mer stalking his boat, diving below and corralling the swarms of fish into his net right before the haul.

The merman had been hanging around for a few days now, sidling up beside his boat to breach the water, chirping at him to get his attention. The creature would twist through the water like he was dancing with the sea itself, turning belly-up so that Erwin could appreciate the full length of his beautiful body, the glimmering dark scales of his fluke sparkling in the sunlight. He especially couldn't help but stare at the opened slit right below where scales met pearlescent skin, the swollen lips there parted to reveal the slick wet pinkness within. The mer presented himself in that manner many times over the last few days, flashing his pretty hole in the hope that it would ensnare him as a mate for the yearly spawn.