First blush

"Sasaki!" Hirano yelled cupping one hand to the side of his mouth. He swatted at a tree branch as he stormed through the small alcove of trees.

Where was the idiot now? Why was he the one to go find him? Hirano fumed. He came out to a clearing. The bright blue sky shone above him. He tilted his blond head up drinking in the rays of summer. It was fading. Soon autumn would be here, another equinox. He sighed opening his eyes once more.

If he were up there he would probably be able to find the lazy no good friend of his. Well, he guessed that was a bit harsh. Sasaki was a good guy. He tried anyway.

Hirano looked to the sky again. He was a familiar, a human that could turn into an animal. He hadn't found his wizard so his power was hampered. One thing he found was that until he found his wizard, he had a limited number of transformations per day. Should he risk one?

It wasn't like they had classes today. He mused. He tried calling out the name once more. Nothing but bird twittering answered him. They weren't telling him anything. A slow evil smirk spread over his face. He spread his arms.

The wind rushed over his feathered body. It felt nice ruffling through him. He loved flying. Twisting he soared on an air current as he peeked bellow him. The mop of bright red hair flashed in the green grass. He opened his mouth, a loud caw escaped him.

Sasaki's eyes flew open. He was looking up into the evening sky. Why was he being picked on? He wailed seeing the golden crow barreling down at him. He leapt up, snatching his bag off of the ground. Hirano! He cried as he bolted toward the rusted gate behind him.

He burst through it into the sea of stone. They were older here, many knocked off of their pedestals. He raced around them, noting how nicely the grass was cut. He ran toward the large monument, hoping to lose the bird in the shadows of it.

Something picked at his hair. He didn't even look up. He waved his arm. He felt his hand hit the feathered body, knocking the bird off its coarse of landing in his hair. He ran faster. He knew Hirano was only forcing him to run toward the school. But, what if...?

Suddenly Sasaki changed direction. Instead of running in a direct line toward the school, he turned. Running deeper into the cemetery, he laughed when he heard the angry caw behind him. He jumped over a hole in the ground but continued toward an even older section. This one, many of the stones had lost their writing due to the years they sat out in the elements.

He burst through the small bushes that separated the two cemeteries. Technically it was one, but everyone referred to it as two, the old or the new, clever right? Looking over his shoulder he tried to spot the golden crow in the sun's rays. Since he wasn't looking where he was going, he didn't see the problem until it was too late.

Sasaki fell over something. He felt his leg get tangled up in something that moved. A cry of pain reached his ears as he slapped his hands down on the grass. They slide over it for a foot or so before he managed to stop himself. The crow screamed as it swooped down to smack him in the head. Sasaki flung his hands around making it fly up to land on the stone.

Now Sasaki was able to see what he tripped over. Well, it wasn't a what, but a who. Large doe brown eyes meet his. The black hair was slightly disheveled over the angular face. Wow, they were cute! Sasaki thought.

"You're on my hand." The person said.

"Oh, sorry." Sasaki pushed himself up. He looked at the boy, for now he realized that it was a boy.

He was small, almost delicate, but there was a power radiating from him. The boy took his one hand in the other. He moved his wrist around, stretched his fingers, a grimace marring his handsome face.