i'm proud. | Sydney Lohmann

category: fluff

category: fluff.
summary: where you and your girlfriend have to go up against each other in the euros final, not knowing how either of you will react to the final result.
word count: 4.5k

Euro 2022, the summer of pure success for the lionesses

Euro 2022, the summer of pure success for the lionesses. Not losing a single game in any of their runs, they were in it to win it on home soil.

Cruising through the tournament, you didn't once stop to realise that you could face your lover in the final. The overwhelming pleasure of striking a ball in the back of the net in front of tens of thousands of people, didn't once make you come to terms with the situation.

Of course you didn't forget about Sydney, face timing every night, not before pushing an annoyed Georgia Stanway out into the hallway to get a private moment with her.

Every time her face popped onto the screen after a few seconds, all and every part of your conversation didn't mention the topic of football or the pressure of getting to the designated final. Just 'I miss you' and 'i love you' s were said and the mentioning of plans for your awaiting holiday to ibiza you had booked with some of your Bayern teammates.

After winning the semi final against the swedes, with a cheeky 4-0, is only when you come to realise the possible line up for the final.

After scoring two of the goals against Sweden, you were the top candidate to do the after match press. So, in which, you were pulled away to do so after congratulating the other team on their somewhat successful tournament.

"Y/N, congratulations on securing England a place in the final of the Euro 2022 tournament on home soil. How does it feel?" the interviewer asks, eagerly holding up a microphone for you to take hold of.

"I can't even begin to imagine, this is what me and the team have always wanted. I can't even describe the feeling, I feel the need to win the trophy!" you gasped, trying to catch your breath and overcome the immense feeling in your chest.

"Aha, so, you winning this game has concluded us with the final of England v either Germany or France. Which team do you think will head through tomorrow and would you rather fight for the cup?"