One Shot

Like Hyolyn, IU is someone who, while I'm largely indifferent to her, I have a lot of respect for. Like imma always respect a woman who's as involved in her craft as she is like she not just involved in her music's songwriting but the composition and production as well like she's real cool. Like Korea love them so IU like that's they QUEEN. Like they gone step for her every time. And she's just plain a sweet person who be minding her business like imma always be wishing her well. I remember when the news broke that she was dating Jong and my nosy ass was like 'Oooooh, her man fine as hell.' IU is, well, IU so I got to thinking about who this man that captured the eye of someone as remarkable as her could be, which is what led to me watching the dramas Jong had a lead role and whew, was I impressed cuz that nigga can ACT. Never will I forget how blown away I was at the scene of Pinocchio where he his character blows up at the female lead while they're in the middle of a work meeting like the way he slammed his hand down on the table and the way he was acting his ass off with his eyes and just his overall mannerisms during that scene was BRILLIANT like Jong had sumn to prove, chile. Jong and IU are seriously a cute couple, though, like I always smile when I think about Jong saying that IU makes him wanna be a better person like he's too damn sweet.

-

There are better ways to spend her Saturday night with one of those ways being anything but sitting here at the kitchen table of her apartment listening to Jongsuk giggle like the drunken fool he is over absolutely nothing, Hyoyeon's loyalty to her loved ones a pro as much as it's a con, the woman taking her role as Jongsuk's best friend so seriously that she tagged along with him when he'd shot her a text saying that he'd be going out drinking tonight. It fascinates her how heartbreak can make even the most sensible people do the most unsensible things, Jongsuk having wisely stayed away from alcohol in the past as his tolerance for it is nonexistent but well, Jongsuk was really in love with Jieun, is still in love with her and five months later after their breakup, still can't seem to get over her.

Hyoyeon sighs as she watches Jongsuk curl his fingers around the necklace Jieun had given him for their very first anniversary several years back, love making Jongsuk as stubborn as an ox as the man refused to heed her advice to toss the damn necklace. She'd actually rather the drunken man be in a mindless giggling fit than have to watch him stare blankly at an object that has too many memories and emotions attached to it for it to be wise to keep it on his person.

"You were my first choice, Hyo."

Never has silence ever felt this loud to her, Hyoyeon wondering if Jongsuk is sober enough to hear how fast her heart is beating. Jongsuk is drunk, will remember very little to nothing that's happened tonight and yet, she feels this desperate need to save face, feels this need to pretend like what he'd said hadn't just turned her whole world on its head. And so she laughs, shaking her head at her best friend.

"Wow, you're seriously drunk," Hyoyeon says, having never in her life smiled the plastic smile she now wears on her face.

For someone who's drunk, Jongsuk is staring at her with far too much clarity in his eyes for her to feel comfortable, Hyoyeon swallowing. "I loved you before I loved Jieun."

Panicking more than ever and as confused as ever, Hyoyeon laughs once more. "Alright, big guy. Let's get you to bed. Because you're starting to say some real crazy stuff."