introduction.

(  𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘 ! )
INTRODUCTION.

❛ people who say the sun is the hottest star in the universe clearly haven't met me

people who say the sun is
the hottest star in the universe
clearly haven't met me. ❜ 
———  anonymous
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

SYNOPSIS ! )

❛ news at eleven: ask me if i give a flying fuck what you think of me

news at eleven: ask me if i give a
flying fuck what you think of me.
——— anonymous
﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"𝒾'𝓂 𝓉ℴℴ 𝓅𝓇ℯ𝓉𝓉𝓎 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈"
is a very valid excuse actually.

Life had never really been simple for Alice Ruby Strand. For one, she was a child of divorce, the first of two for her father, which had not gone down well... but Alice likes to think she came out of it quite well adjusted. For another, she has an older brother TK (short for Tyler Kennedy), and while they're close siblings, more often than not she tends to bail him out of trouble when neither of them want their father involved. And thirdly, both of her parents are raging workaholics, with her father Owen Strand as the heroic Captain of the 252 Firefighter Station with a savior complex and massive survivors' guilt, while her mother Gwyneth Lynn Morgan is a sharp-eyed, loving, and hardworking lawyer who, while always there for her children, tended to focus more on her eldest who had a troublesome addiction problem rather than her youngest who wasn't really much of a problem child compared to her older brother.

So Alice had grown up widely independent and definitely lonely, what with her brother being quite a bit older than her (about five years older) and as an adult, he lives in his own place and works with their father at the 252 as a firefighter as well. A lot of Alice's childhood was spent alone, her greatest happiness when those she loved would fleetingly spend time with her, whether it be friends or family, and she'd taken up a few hobbies to pass the time. Not all of which were always very good hobbies (the partying and shopping for example, weren't always the best, as well as the toxic dating), though there were some good ones— like baking, cooking, swimming, and archery.