Chapter 1 - The first day

Horornis diphones softly tweet as the sun slowly rises..heating the sidewalks and lighting up Japan.

Alarm Beeps

Narrators P.O.V

Y/n slowly opens her eyes as the sun beams through her window. "No way it's morning already..." The beeping stops after a couple of seconds and the air is filled with silence. "It's my first day, i have to make a good impression and at least look good." Y/n slowly gets up from her comfy soft bed and does her morning routine. "I guess i have to wear the uniform they mailed to me, it's cute i guess." Y/n finished getting ready, she grabs her bag and walks out her room.

Y/N'S P.O.V

I head down to the kitchen. "Good morning Mom, how are you feeling..?" I ask my mother. "I'm feeling great today..what about you? Are you ready for your first day? I just know it'll go good honey, there's no need to stress over it." My mother tells me as she hands me my lunch. "Thank you Mom, i really needed that" I smile at her showing my appreciation. "I'll be going, i'll be late if i don't. I'll tell you what happens i promise!" I say while walking to the front door. I put on my shoes. "Have a good day Y/n" My mother says as I slowly close the door. As I walk outside I can feel the sun softly beaming on my face as the autumn leaves fall from the trees. I start walking to school clutching my bag nervous for what today will bring to me. I reach the school and it's huge, there's kids walking around in groups. It makes me feel so lonely but hopefully I can make friends here. I walk into the school and put my shoes in the locker number they sent me in my welcome letter. I look down at the room number im assigned to and I walk to it. "Here it is.." I say to myself. I open the door and walk in. As I look around, i make eye contact with 3 different set of eyes. Brown, dark gray and orange. Their eyes pierce through my soul so I decide to look away and sit down. As I sit down I feel someone tap my shoulder. "Hey..I'm Tohru! What's your name?" I look up and see a pretty girl with a big smile on her face. "Oh hey, my name is Y/N. It's nice to meet you Tohru" I say smiling back to the welcome she gave me. "Are you new here? I haven't seen you in the years before so that's my guess" Tohru pulls a chair next to me as she speaks. "Yeah i'm new here so that's probably why" I say softly chuckling. "Let's be friends! How does that sound? We should eat lunch together today so I can get to know you better! I sit with some friends though, is that okay?" Tohru smiles as she makes eye contact with me. She's so sweet, she'll be a good friend to have. "Yeah, that sounds nice i'll love that. Where should we meet up for lunch?". "Let's meet up at the front benches near the gate?" Tohru asks as she's getting up and putting the chair back. "Sounds good, i'll see you there then" I say smiling because I just made my first friend. "It really was nice meeting you Y/N, ill see you later!" Tohru says as she's walking to her seat. The teacher walks in and everyone quiets down and sits down. I smile to myself, "today is going great so far".

Lunch time

I speed walk to the front gates benches to not be late. As I walk up I see Tohru and these two guys, the same eyes I made contact with in class. "Hey Y/N over here!" Tohru waves me down. I walk up to the trio, "Oh uh..hey..!" I say smiling. "Hello there, you're Y/N right?" A gray haired male asks me. "Yeah that's me." I say looking in his direction. "My name is Yuki Sohma." He says as he smiles at me. "Nice to meet you Yuki.." He's really pretty. "This over here is Kyo, he is kind of in a mood right now" Yuki says while chuckling. "What..?! No i'm not shut it you rat." Kyo snaps back. I laugh as i face Kyo. "Nice to meet you Kyo!" I say smiling up to him. He looks at me dead in the eye and sits down on the bench. "Well are we going to eat or what?! I'm not staying here for no reason." Kyo says with an annoyed tone. "I packed bentos, i'm sorry Y/N I only packed 3 but we can share!" Tohru explains as she takes the bentos out. "Oh no it's okay, i can get some school food." I tell her. "No share with me! We're friends after all right?" She smiles at me. "Thank you Tohru.." I say smiling at her, i finally have friends to hang out with. We all sit down, Yuki is to the right, Tohru is next to Yuki, i'm next to Tohru and Kyo is next to me. We all open the bentos and start eating. "Tohru you made these..?! This is really good!" I say while eating. "Talk when your mouth isn't full." Kyo says looking at me. I look back at him dead in the eyes, "My bad geez it's just really good." I say still chewing. Kyo rolls his eyes and continues to eat. We all finish our food right when the bell rings. We all get up and hand the bento boxes to Tohru. As we walk back to our class Kyo kicks the back of my leg. "Ouch..?! What was that for dude!" I say looking back at him. Kyo laughs out loud, "Walk faster, you're slowing everyone down." He says while laughing even more. I roll my eyes and speed walk my way out of there.

End of the school day

I walk out the classroom and begin to walk down the stairs. I head to my locker and just as you know it, Kyo is my locker neighbor. "Great it's you again." He says while opening his locker. I grab my shoes and switch them out. "Who even are you..? ignoring me like that." He says while closing his locker and looking at me. "What, is there such a problem with me not speaking to you?" I say looking at him in the eyes. "No, it's not like I even want to talk to you anyways." He says while putting his hands in his pockets. "Then why bother even talking to me, your logic is dumb.." I say rolling my eyes. His eyes widen just a bit and he looks away, "I don't know.". I laugh as i start walking out the doors, "Make your mind up before speaking to me Kyo Sohma.". I walk out smiling to myself, i made 3 friends. Even though one of them is a bit rude, i couldn't ask for better.