About the Author

Nanci Taylor was born on the land of the Ohlone People and now lives on the land of the Bunurong Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Peoples.  She earned a BA in Physical Education at Azusa Pacific University.
She writes, makes memes and photographs under the name Raiderette Nanci. She lives with her husband of 37+ years & two cats.
As a student at Oakland High, she was on the girls swim team and performed the synchronised solo in 72 Synchronised Swimming Show.  At Laney College she was the first women to make the men's swimming & diving team (there were no women's team), first woman to complete in swimming & diving in the Golden Gate Conference, to complete in the GGC Championship and to earn a Letter in a men's sport. She later became a part-time non-tenured teacher in the PE Dept at Laney and was one of 4 women who filed and won a Title IX lawsuit against the administration of Laney College.  As the Diving Coach at De Anza College her divers took 1st & 2nd at the California Community College Swimming  and Diving Championships in the early 80's.
She's had a career as a model, PE Teacher, Aerobics Instructor, Personal Trainer and Springboard/Platform Diving Coach in 4 different countries.
She a development coach for numerous FINA World Cup, FINA World Championships, FINA Grand Prix & Commonwealth Games participants & medalist, as well as several Olympic participants & medalist.
She is the social media person for 3 bands and is now retired and spends her time reading, writing, gardening and taking photos.