comfort

☂︎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
         ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"i've never needed anyone before."

"lies. you've always needed someone."

☂︎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
         ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"ahhh?! i'm so sorry law, i completely passed out on the couch last night, i forgot to tuck you in-"

"it's fine, i slept in [name]-ya's room."

the boy merely side-stepped to avoid his father who tried to hug him but ended up tripping on his own feet and falling face first on the floor.

law yawned as he climbed up the kitchen stool and rubbed his eyes, glancing down at the bowl of cereal in front of him.

"oh! speaking of [name]-chan, where is she?"

"still asleep. we were reading a book last night and we fell asleep pretty late, so i guess she's sleeping in."

rosinante gaped a bit before he grinned cheekily.

"seems like you two are pretty close now. what, have you gone mellow for her? can't blame you, that ball of sunshine is a sweetheart."

"shut up."

law grumbled as his father snickered.

"we share a lot of similarities, especially in hobbies. plus.. she made me realise something i didn't understand before..."

"oooh~ does little law have a crush on someone? finally found someone who could melt that cold heart of yours? hehe- ow!!"

law scoffed as his father hit his hip on the edge of the counter. he didn't even need to do anything to make him shut up.

"no, that's weird. i don't wanna think about that type of junk."

law stuck his tongue out in disgust as rosinante chuckled weakly, still clutching his hip.

"i was just teasing, hehe... if you even say that you admire [name]-chan, garp is gonna be watching you like a hawk watching his prey."

law looks at him weirdly before he made a face and continued to eat his breakfast.

"i've only met her for a day, calm down old man."

the little boy rolled his eyes as he chugged down the milk from the bowl. he's a little extra sassy in the morning, especially if his father is being extra goofy.

"besides, isn't she like a family at this point?"

rosinante couldn't help but snicker at that, patting his son's head much to his dismay.