Late Night Drive

M's

College is so damn stressful with the amount of works they give us. It's not like they teach us anything anyway. My prof kept giving us homeworks while he won't even teach us that much. Family problems also adds up to my bunch of problems that keeps stacking up like paperworks. I also have a part-time job to which i have to work every afternoon after school finished. After that, i only have a night to finish projects or assignments. That way, i barely get any sleep. Having to wake up five in the morning, having to go to work at 6 in the evening, and leaving work at 9 in the evening. I could still sleep atleast 8 hours at that point- if I didn't have unfinished things at home. Just how stressful my life can be?

And thankfully, i have friends to be there for me whenever i feel down. I am grateful to them, especially to Jiwoong hyung who's always there for me just like today. He's just listening to me while i rant, even when i called him in a quarter to 12 am time to come to my house that's not so home.

He's just there, listening carefully to me, nodding and humming as a sign of listening and understanding. I love how he's just there, not bothering over the fact that it's literally in the middle of the night.

I hated it when people look at me pitiful eyes, because i feel as if I'm weak and I don't want to feel that. But whenever it's Jiwoong hyung, there's something different. The way that he won't look at me pitiful eyes but with eyes that seems so fond of me, eyes that i find comfort it, eyes that i just want to stare at every time.

“How about we go out and get some fresh air? Some late night drive trip around our town?” Hyung offered. And who am i to decline? 

It's been a few minutes since me and hyung went around with his car. The window of his car in the driver and passenger's seat are opened, letting the fresh air inside. To be honest, it helped me calm down. The feeling of the fresh cool air hit my face while i look at the scenery outside feels fresh and good. It's been a while since I've felt this, and it's all thanks to Jiwoong hyung.

“How are you feeling?” He asked checking on me and taking a quick glance at me.

I responded, “Feeling good. Thank you, Hyung. I aaaappppreeeciate it very much.”

I could see his beautiful side profile as i stared at him in awe. He smiled at my response. Oh what a beautiful smile Kim Jiwoong have.

He's smiling, while just looking at the road. I could feel myself smile at the sight. He have such pretty smile yet he rarely show it. Such a shame people can't see this side of Kim Jiwoong. But why do i also feel like i want only me to see this side of him? why do i feel like i want to keep him to me? to gatekeep him from everyone else?

It's weird, i keep feeling things about him. Whenever he's with me, i can feel sparks and butterflies flying around in my stomach. Isn't this what they said it feels when you like or love someone? Do i like Jiwoong hyung?

J's

I could feel Matthew staring at me. He's smiling, i can see it at my peripheral vision.

Oh god, Seok Matthew, why do you have to look at me with those lovely eyes and a pretty smile on your face? Why do you have to look at me so lovingly?

Why is he making things hard for me? Why is he making me fall for him even harder?

God knows how much i want him to look at me only that way, how i want to keep him safe in my arms, how much i want to help him, and how much I'd do anything for him, even waking up in the middle of the night to come to him.

I saw a park near a river and there's a convenience store still open at this hour nearby so i parked the car at a parking space.

“Wanna grab some snacks at the convenience store and chill at the park?” I asked Matthew. The reason i went out here and we went to drive around was to help Matthew feel better and at ease, so i have to make sure he's willing to do these things. I heard a simple sure coming from him.

I stepped out of the car, and just as i closed the door of the driver's seat, Matthew came out from the other side of the car.

M's

We brought a bunch of snacks to eat while we sit on the bench at the park while staring at the view infront of us. Neither of us was speaking, only the sound of munching, the air, and the little sound of the waves at the river was heard. It's almost as if no one else is outside except for the owners of shops that are still open and me and Jiwoong hyung. The silence, however, is comfortable unlike the awkward silence I'd have with other people.

It was just silent for a few more minutes until Jiwoong hyung said something that caught me off guard.

“Can i court you?”

“H-huh? did i hear that right? Can you say it again?” I said, puzzled. I wasn't sure if he really did say that. I might've been hallucinating or imagining things.

“I said, can i court you?” He repeated clearer and louder than before. I looked at him, but he's just looking infront. He have a serious look on his face. But...

“Stop kidding around, Hyung.” I chuckled slightly. Because of my response, he looked back at me.

He have this intimidating and serious look on his face. But his eyes, it's just the same eyes he'd have whenever he's looking at me every time.

“I'm not kidding around, Matthew. I like— no, i love you. I love you, Matthew. I tried my best to suppress these feelings because i don't want our friendship to be ruined. It's okay if you don't feel the same about it, just think that it never happened. I'm sorry that i confessed in this time, when you already have so many problems and my feelings had to add up to your problems. I'm really sorry, Matthew but this is the only time i have the courage. I-” He paused after speaking so many words in like one or two breathes.

“Hyung... I.. I don't- Honestly, I'm not sure about my feelings. I feel like i like you but i.. I don't know, I'm not sure. I'm sorry, Hyung. You don't have to be sorry, it should be me who's sorry. I'm sorry. But regarding the courting thingy, please help me to figure out how i feel.” I said as i just looked down on the ground, not bothering to look at him as anxiety fills up my whole body.

I felt arms surround my upper body, as if it's meant to protect me.

“It's okay, Matt. I understand. I will help you.” He whispered to me as i felt him rest his chin on the top of my head while my head- or should i say cheeks? are resting on his chest with my arms around him too.

“Thank you, Hyung”

ehhh, cringe and dramatic. I like how j wrote the first part of this story but i think the last part's too dramatic. That's the second story! Hope you enjoyed!

Also, i kinda wanna make this a Boys Planet oneshot instead since i wanna make a Junrae and Ziruto short stories TvT I'm Junrae deprived and i miss Ziruto sooooo baaadddd.

Ps: unedited. I can't bear to reread it, i really feel like it's too dramatic and cringe and i will never get tired of saying this is dramatic and cringe.