Chapter 28

Niall's P.O.V.

Once we finally had found the time for sex it had been almost constant ever since. It was if we couldn't stay away from each other. All the obstacles that were there before were now gone and we spent most of our time together. We were laying in my bed together being lazy before trying to fall asleep. I decided to make small pillow talk. "So, this weekend is Christmas." She smiled up at me.

"I'm aware." I continued to slowly rub her bare back and she kept lightly drawing circles on my chest.

"Are you excited to visit our families?"

"Yes." She smiled as she leaned up to kiss my cheek.

"When we go do you wanna ride together or separately?"

"Together works for me. Does that work for you?"

"Yeah that's why I asked. Do you want to take my car or your car?"

"Either is fine." We were both quiet for a few minutes until she spoke up again. "When are you gonna get your other car back from Stephanie?"

"I told her a few weeks at first, but there was a change of plans. Her dad said he would take care of her payments until the beginning of the year. He's been sending me money but she said by the beginning of the year she should have found a job and bought her own car. After New Years I'm gonna go get the car. Will you come with me because I'll need someone to drive the other car."

"I don't know Niall. She doesn't like me very much. I'd love to help but if I show up there and she knows that I'm your girlfriend then things are going to get even weirder."

"That's true. I'll ask Liam but if he says no then you have to go."

"Okay. I'll take one for the team. Unless I can get out of it first." I laughed and kissed her.

"Thanks." She pulled herself closer to me and got comfortable. I smoothed down her hair and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I stayed there thinking to myself about our relationship. Things felt so right between us. All of the secretly wanting each other for years was over. We had been together for a few weeks and it already seemed like a stronger relationship than my marriage did at it's strongest point. I already knew I was in love with Drew. I guess I had known since we were kids really but I never said it. We always said we loved each other and stuff but we always meant it in a friendly way. I wanted to tell her I loved her because I could already tell she did too. I just couldn't work up the nerve to tell her. I was still kinda scared of how she would react. I was just going to put it off until after Christmas.

A few days later Drew showed up at my door with her suitcase ready to go back home. She was leaning against the door frame when I opened the door. "What are you doing?"

"I'm casually waiting for you."

"Keeping it a little too casual. It's almost weird. Why are you leaning against the door like that? You look more uncomfortable than anything." She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. I nodded and kissed her as she stood up straight. "Let me get my stuff and we can leave." She nodded her head with a shy smile as I walked over to my suitcase. I locked up the apartment and Drew started to pick up a duffle bag she was bringing. I took it from her and threw it over my shoulder.

"Thank you. You're such a gentleman."

"Well you still have one more suitcase. I cant carry three. Two is my limit."

"Still a gentleman."

"Yeah, I have to impress your parents. I want them to think I'm nice to you so I better start now." I looked back and smiled at her as we went to the elevator. Once we got all our bags and gifts loaded in the car we went through a drive thru for lunch.