Saurium!

Comrade has flown back to her main base, it isn't much, really.

The place is a floating island with a few trees here and there, positioned at the far end are two strange looking cauldrons with sticks and rocks beneath them.

She hurries over to them, jumping off of Toxic's back and giving the dragon a few headpats as a 'thank you'.

Toxic nods, watching her owner place the mossy egg in one of the cauldrons and then lighting the sticks on fire beneath it.

"And now, we wait." Comrade sighed, leaning against her Rocirus with a tired expression.

It's been a while, this day had been filled with searching all day long, Comrade didn't bother with the Dragon Observatory when she saw how awfully expensive it was, seriously, how much does it have to cost to just locate a nest?

Those thoughts circled in her head before Toxic interrupted her with a slight nudge, indicating that the egg was ready to hatch.

"Oh! I didn't even notice..." Comrade chuckled as she wandered over to the Incubator, she poked the egg a few times and it shook, she poked it again and a crack appeared on the outer shell.

"Come on little one, you can do it.." She encouraged, Toxic gave a little chirp of encouragement as well.

Suddenly, the shell cracked, and a little head poked out from the egg.

(Hatchling looks a bit like this except it has a raptor snout rather then a beak, and a lil' raptor tail

(Hatchling looks a bit like this except it has a raptor snout rather then a beak, and a lil' raptor tail.)

Comrade squealed a bit, she had never seen such a cute little critter in her entire life! Toxic watched with mild amusement.

"Oh my god! It's a Saurium! I've always wanted one of these!" She exclaimed. The hatchling chirped, seeming eager to get out of it's egg.

It was a strong brown colour with vibrant green eyes and a slightly lighter underbelly, it's wingtips were around the same colour as the main body.

Comrade pulled out a little device, scanning the hatchling with it.

A profile came up of the newborn.

Name - Volterra

Saurium

Young, 4% - Male - Lv 1

Element: Grass
Pupil: Round
Personality: Hyper
Status: Wild
Breed time: 20m 00s

0/5 Mutations. 

[Claimed by Comrade]

"Volterra? Let's change that! How about... Hyper!" Comrade said proudly, applauding herself about her incredibly creative naming.

She quickly changed the name of the hatchling to 'Hyper' to match his personality, placing the little Saurium on her shoulder.

Comrade threw an apple to Toxic before jumping up on her back, guiding the Rocirus to spread her wings and lift off the ground with a powerful flap, diving into the Plot Portal and out into Origins.

______

Trivia!

Toxic was actually male, I believe, but I was always planning on changing her gender to female once I got a gender potion, but alas, one thing led to another, I ran out of storage, deleted her, and instantly regretted it.

R.I.P Toxic the Rocirus, you will be missed.

Hyper - Saurium (my first one actually! Sadly I deleted him... :(  )

...