ONE

•••

•••

LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT right out of the door. It was the fastest way to the garden from her room. The best part of her home in Adelaide's opinion, especially to avoid her mother or more recently, Anthony.

Its not that she didn't like to spend time with her brother, but she would rather not hear about the upcoming season and how she needs to have fittings, dancing lessons and recently walking lessons. She happened to believe she had mastered walking in her last 19 years of life.

Besides she much preferred the vibrancy of the pinks, reds, greens and purples of the flowers much to her families bickering. She admired the flowers that matched her light pink dress the most. Pink always held a special place to her.

     Her favorite spot of the garden was the gazebo surrounded by the honeysuckles. It was the most secluded part of the garden. Or at least it was until she saw Benedict under the gazebo.

     "What are you doing here Benedict?" she asked slightly annoyed. As much as she was ticked, she did always seem to make the best conversation with him. Even if he was  in her spot in the garden.

     "Why just enjoying the lovely flowers this season. Aren't you supposed to be with Daphne doing those lessons on whatever?" He knew she was supposed to be there, but she always did manage to get away from whatever it was she was supposed to be doing.

     "I don't have to be there if they can't find me." she sat down next to him, "I like all of my gowns i have already. I don't see why I could possible need more."

     "A proper lady can never have enough, sister. Surely you ought to know this by now?" He grinned at her and she rolled her eyes. "Thats not very proper of you Adelaide, now is it?"

   "You are so funny Ben, you might just be the absolute funniest person I know. If fact the funniest person i've ever met." she said as sarcastically as possible.

     "Oh, don't I know it. Anyways, you've been coming out here so often I do believe mother and Anthony are bound to realize that you are out here Del."

     "I know, I was planning on finishing a chapter of this book and going back up. Might as well get it over with." she said. He grinned at her and stood up.

    "Well then, I guess I'll leave you. Have fun with you book, then. I hope it ends on a terrible cliffhanger."

    "You do hate me don't you Ben?"