Knowing Peace

Iruma Suzuki had never known or experienced peace in his life.

In his fourteen years of living— Iruma was a total pushover.

His parents were anything but the responsible and caring type, so— from the moment he was able to stand on his own two feet— Iruma had learned early on to just deal with everything thrown his way.

Being put in danger was part of his everyday routine.

His life was to act and obey like a dog, to say "Yes" to any and all everything, to nod his head, and be a good boy.

——————————-
"Be a good boy for Mommy and Daddy, OK?"

"Ye—"

"There we go! Now, why don't you go into the forest and see if you can find that Bear everyone's been talking about, Ok?"

"But—"

"Atta Boy, Champ! You get going while we go go and have fun! Right Honey?"

"Yes Dear!"

"Wai—"

"Go find that Bear for us, Iruma!"

"Remember, be a 'GOOD BOY'".
——————————-

And it wasn't just his parents but his classmates, school teachers and even complete strangers (the good and bad)— Iruma, for the life of him, couldn't say "No".

It wasn't always bad, there were times where he wanted to help, where he enjoyed helping others— That he was seen useful.

So Iruma was fine with his life.

Until he wasn't.

It was a month after his 14th years old— when his parents decided to sacrifice him to a demon.

Of course he didn't know that he was going to be sold off to repay their debts!— though he would have just gotten along with the plan anyways.

And it wasn't like this was the first time they ever sold him off! They always tell him to find a away out once the job was done!

Being sold of wasn't the surprise!

It being a Demon was!

So if asked, and rarely anyone ever talked to him without asking something, he would say he lived a good life— that was until he nearly died and was dragged through the skies by the demon his parents summoned.

Now he could say that he was having a very bad day and really— he had lived an awful life, and that should he ever see his parents in the afterlife, he would tell them to eat dirt.

So yeah, Iruma never knew what peace was in his short life.

And as he was flown across the dark, stormy sky by the dark shadowy figure ('The Demon', Iruma thought) he started losing consciousness— having flown up so high into the atmosphere, there was little oxygen for him to take.

When he sucked in what little oxygen he could breathe and slowly losing the fight to keep his eyes open, he started to vaguely recall what had happened earlier that day.....

—————————(•)😈(•)—————————

He had just woken up in his tent and was heading inside the house to use the bathroom to get ready for another day of work. It was when he had entered the living room on his way to the bathroom that he say his mother and father draw a very intricate circle pattern on the floor— and he knew from the thick red colored paint that it would be a pain to clean up later, and that it would be him who had to clean it up as soon as whatever they were doing got boring.