Chapter 8

Regina pulled into the driveway and parked the car. She turned the car off, took her key out of the ignition, grabbed her purse, and got out. She walked up to the door, knocking softly. It was Rose's naptime, so she didn't want to be too loud.

The door opened and Emma stuck her head out.

"Hey, Regina!"

"Hi."

"Come on in, I was just about to put Rose down for her nap. I'll be back down in a sec," she said.

Regina walked in and watched as her best friend ran upstairs. She walked to the kitchen. Mary Margaret was there, sitting on a barstool at the bar. Regina took a seat next to her and smiled.

"Hi, Regina," Mary Margaret said.

"Hey. How are you?"

"I'm good. You?"

"I'm fine," Regina said.

"Hey, listen, Regina. I know we had our differences back in the Enchanted Forest. But I was hoping we could move them aside, you know, start over. Maybe even be friends."

Regina looked at her, surprised. She thought she would be the one to make the first move, not Snow.

"I'd like that," Regina said.

Snow smiled and pulled Regina into a hug.

"So... I- Well... Regina, we have something in common...," Snow trailed off.

"And what might that be?"

"We... We're both pregnant."

"Snow, oh my God!" Regina exclaimed with a smile. Snow nodded.

Regina hugged Snow.

"I'm so happy for you," she whispered.

"And I you," Snow said.

At that moment, Emma walked in and caught her mother hugging her best friend. They were both smiling and giggling—about what, Emma had no idea.

"Hey, guys. What's going on?" Emma said.

Regina looked to Snow, a question in her eyes. Snow nodded. Regina looked back to Emma, a huge smile lighting up her face.

"We have decided to put our differences aside and be, well, friends," Regina said.

"And, that's not all. We found something we have in common," Snow giggled.

"What?" Emma asked. She hated being out of the loop.

"I'm pregnant," Snow said.

"Mom!"

Snow nodded. Emma ran around the counter and hugged her mom.

"My best friend and my mom, pregnant, at the same time!" She exclaimed. Then, her eyes grew wide and her face got serious.

"Oh, that's gonna be hell...," she trailed off.

The queen and her step daughter laughed. They sat down at the counter. Emma pulled a stool around so she could sit across from them.

"How far along are you, Snow?" Regina asked.

"A month," Snow said.

"So... Since I'm also a month along, we could, theoretically speaking, have our babies around the same time..."

Snow gasped in excitement. Emma slapped the palm of her hand to her forehead.

"That's gonna be hell, too, "she laughed.