Day after day

It was late in the morning and Angela, lying on the ground and wide awake, heard her parents shift on the creaky old mattress. Her father woke up, grunted and looked around, he stood up slowly and went out the door, stretched, and came back in. He took a mouldy piece of bread from the old rickety counter next to the 'sofa', grabbed his hat and left. "he's leaving for work..." she thought, "thank goodness, i won't get any bruises today!"

He was a very bad tempered man and didn't seem to ever smile or have a good side. Once her mum had been a few minutes late at coming home and dad shouted at her, hitting her with a stick and kicking her. All he wanted was discipline. Angela was glad she wasn't in her mothers shoes...

Soon she heard her mother slowly sit up and yawn, mom got up and took a bite into a week old sandwhich which was too on the counter. She grabbed her jacket and left. "im so glad she won't be home for the whole day too!" she thought to herself, "better get up! " Mom wasn't like dad, she was quiet and didn't argue or talk back to dad. It seemed she was scared of him just like Angela. She always rushed here and there, quiet as a mouse and busy as a bee. 

She opened her eyes and sat up, looked at the old mattress then at the poor sofa that was being squashed by her big brother's heavy body. The sound of his snoring disturbed the peace. She giggled. She liked her brother Matthew. He was 16 and had blond hair with brown streaks like hers, and blue-green eyes, he looked alot like her except much MUCH taller! He was funny, brotherly and sometimes bossy, but hey he was an awesome person! He didn't seem to be very interested in what she did and where she went, but inside ,she thought, he loved her dearly, or at least that's what she thinks, it's hard to tell since he doesn't show alot of emotions...

she got up and dusted herself. "oww!" she said loudly, her back hurted. She had been sleeping on the cold cold ground, her parents didn't love her enough to give her a corner of the mattress or part of the sofa to sleep on. Oh well, what could she do, if she talked back, she was likely to get a big bruise somewhere on her body.

She went to the counter where the loaf of stale bread stood, hard as rock. She sighed... She felt like the moon, forever revolving around the earth, her path doesn't seem like it will change.. Each day she woke up, try and chew some rock bread, do her chores, go out into the world and try and find something to do to pass time, come home and sleep. End of story. If someone described her life using colour, it would be black and white...