chapter one : THE RED-EYED BIRD part 1

PART ONE

As usual, I got up late again and had to freshen up quickly.
" I am leaving grandma." I shouted, hearing the same high pitched reply from my grandmother. "Then what about your breakfast, you lazy cat?
"I will have it on my way, and also, I am not hungry, and LIORET is waiting too," I said .

"Ok, I got it. Just go for your job and dig a dinosaur's egg " said my grandmother angrily .
I left the house in a hurry, giving Grandma a big ear to ear smile.

"Hey Lioret " I said. not knowing that she was kind of mad at me. I noticed that look on her face.
"Did I do something wrong " I asked . Just don't talk to me, she said angrily.
"Oh, is it about that blind date "I asked being afraid .
"Look, it's not about you or him; it's just that I don't want a love life now, at least . I always wanted to enjoy my freedom . Oh, come on, you already know this. I think this hug can solve everything" . I gave her a hug, and she looked at me .
"What do you want a kiss now " I said jokingly .
" I DON'T " she shouted . Okay, we are almost there now.

As I entered the office hall, something entered with me and shook me. It scared the hell out of me.
"What's that?" I shouted.
"Wow, a red-eyed crow; it's so ethereal, dude .Just look at that thing," I said, amazed. "Are you on weed, bro? What are you talking so early in the morning?" She said very annoyingly .
I turned to see it, but it was not there . I must be still dreaming. I guess I need coffee right now , and I left for my room .

Again, I sat in the same boring room with the same dead face and busy, boring schedule. It was just one hour I was called by the head of the team.
"Hi, Acatalepsy Scarlet, how's your work going ?"
"Well, good sir "' I said.
" Oh, really good, huh?" he said, frowning his eyebrows, making me worried .
"Yes, sir," I said, regaining my confidence . "Then I don't think you will be good anymore because I was going to give you a new work on practical archaeology sites," he said while smirking .

Wait,did I hear him right?" Are you really choosing me for field work ?" I asked again to make sure I heard him right .
He hummed .
I was just digesting what I just heard , then HR snapped me out of my dream world. "Miss Scarlet, are you okay?" He asked.
"Yes, sir, I am... I mean, yes, sir, I will go ... I mean, sir, I am ready for the project," I stuttered.
He laughed at me for being overexcited . "Okay, then see you after noon, and you will be provided with the file for this project, which has details about your team and data about the site."
" okay" I said it enthusiastically and left his office .
My heart was pounding very fast. I just can't wait for the break now and to tell Lioret about all this. I engaged myself at work again, though it's only matter of one to two days now.

"It's break time " said Lioret, standing at my door. I dropped everything and went to her, she was with her new intern, Aria, whom I didn't ignore but greeted . She was like a college girl .
"I got a site job, bro," I hugged Lioret. "what ?" She was more happy than me .
"Are you for real? "She hugged me again, and she twirled me around . As we were down for coffee, I saw the same bird with magical eyes, but this time sitting on the edge of the window panel . Lioret tried to scare it, but it wasn't affecting it much. It was looking dead in my eyes, giving me chills, but still, I was amazed by its red eyes. I tried to go near it, but Aria hit it with a book, and it flew off. I again thought it was just a symptom of me lacking coffee. We three went downstairs to have coffee . While we were enjoying the coffee, I saw the watch, and it was almost time to meet HR again to get the file. While on my way to office heard a very soothing, deep, manly voice. I already knew who he was . He held me tight from the waist and twirled me around to make me face him, whispering, "So you got your dream job, future wife".
" Don't call me that " I cringed .
"Then about me proposing to you today " he said again, teasing me.
"eww..." I responded.
He likes to tease me because this idiot knew I liked him when I was a kid, but not now. We talked about it already, and we are both fine with it, except for his teasing.
"Leave me now; I need to go to the HR office".
My grandmother doesn't like him, and I don't know why . Still, he likes to visit my house . "You go to his office now, and after I will tell you something " he said .
"Okay," I said annoyingly, leaving on my way .

HR gave me a file with a list of people I would be working with .

For more updates on my stories follow me on Instagram - @30querencia23