Stay With Me

It was dawn. The birth of a new day, the hope for a change. But Daniel's daily disposition was chronic, moving forward by inertia. However, his nights were as white as snow during Christmas time, except that wasn't anything romantic. The success that filled his heart, his name came out from young lovely strangers making him feel such emotions that until the age of 11 didn't know at all. Harry Potter movies gave him all that a human being could ever wish for, from significant amounts of money that would have settled his life completely, to the unconditional love of the people who had found a safe place through the movies. On the other hand, he had no reason to stay in the darkness to ruminate over the sadness of his own life. And yet he couldn't do anything else, because, while the joy brought by the fulfillment of his dreams was burning in his soul, the thorns of love caused his heart to bleed for one name only: Helena Bonham Carter.

That eccentric, original, and unique actress who messed up his life during a simple day of filming. Everyone knew her, because she was not only the girlfriend of one of the most famous and loved filmmakers in the history of cinema, the huge Tim Burton, but especially because she was one of a kind. Self-confident, understanding, and generous with everyone, she could play a serial killer in a movie and the moment when the final curtain falls, she rushed at you showing you her empathy and kindness. It was impossible not loving her and Daniel wasn't the only one. Tom Felton didn't make a mystery of it and Daniel envied this courage. Unlike him, when his feelings were too unbearable, he was able to write her a letter like the shy little boy who proposed to the cutest little girl in the class, the fear of rejection was agonizing. But once again Helena proved to be the wonderful person she was, starting to treat the boy most sweetly. This brought a chink of light to Daniel's insecurities, who established an amazing relationship with the woman, but it wasn't enough to calm his unstoppable feelings. He hoped, till the end, that at the hand of the movies they would have stopped or soothed, but they turned into the biggest fear he had: not seeing her again.

But the future worked in his favor, despite he waited for 11 years. The Reunion. Seeing his dearest friends again, retrace the places that accompanied him for 10 years... And feel again the warmth that only Helena's hugs could give him. She hasn't changed at all. They spent most of the time ironizing about the huge 'crush' Daniel had on her... if only she knew.

That was the last time he saw her. Their film career filled every space of their days and of their minds, especially the one of the 33-year-old man. Red carpet, new movies, new offers, new actresses. They were all stunning, unreachable, and incredibly beautiful. But Daniel was blind in front of their beauty, even though he tried to keep away those feelings towards the actress even in the most popular way, like ending the evenings in his loft with perfect strangers after spotting them in an English pub.

But the most cunning girls understood that a second date was a losing battle, when their gazes fell on that frame on his nightstand, depicting the boy and the woman during their golden years.