The Girl Next Door

It was a sunny morning and Maya was walking around her house finally feeling satisfied with the latest renovation. Since she bought it 2 years ago, she had a lot of projects. Some were DIYs while others were done by contractors.

The blonde decided to read a book on the balcony since it's the start of their show's hiatus. She didn't plan a trip yet since she just wanted to enjoy and relax in her own house.

About an hour of reading, some movements and loud music from the house next to her caught her attention. The music was changed to a relaxing jazz music then a hot brunette got out of the balcony holding the same book as the blonde's. Maya chuckled then shook her head as she thought that it was cute but had no plans in making friends since she just wanted to enjoy her peace.

"She's hot but no, Maya. Not yet," the blonde told herself in a normal voice. She was sure the brunette wouldn't hear her.

The Italian goddess took her top off so she was just wearing a bikini.

"God, why?!" Maya groaned as she looked at the brunette again. The Italian heard the blonde so she smiled at her. Maya didn't notice as she rolled her eyes then went inside her room.

"Rude," the girl next door mumbled. However, she saw the book on the small table that Maya left. "At least, she reads good books," the brunette said then shrugged.

Meanwhile, Maya went downstairs and looked for snacks. She wanted pizza but has committed to eating healthier food so she made a quick trip to the grocery store in the afternoon.

The blonde was slowly pushing her cart along the liquor section when a not-so-loud crash made her stop.

"Oh fuck, I'm sorry I was not loo-" Maya stopped as she looked at the owner of the other cart that she bumped into.

"No, no. I was distracted by your face," the tall brunette said.

"Sorry, what?" Maya said, blushing.

"Oh. No. But yeah, I was trying to figure out if I know you from somewhere. I'm Carina by the way," the Italian said as she walked closer to Maya, offering a handshake.

"Maya," - the blonde shook Carina's hand - "I think you're my new neighbor. I was on the balcony this morning reading a book."

"Hmm, no. I think I saw you on TV."

"Ah yes, I'm an actress," the blonde confirmed. There was a few seconds of silence then Maya continued, "I better get going. Nice to meet you, Carina." She pushed her cart and left the liquor section not giving the Italian a chance to say goodbye to her.

"Ugh. So rude!" Carina groaned again.

Maya started her car and just stayed there for awhile as she thought of what she said to Carina inside the grocery store because she heard the hot brunette's comment. "Me? Rude?!"

She froze when Stefania opened the trunk of the Porsche next to her car. "Hot and rich. The universe is really testing me today," she said as she opened her door to redeem herself to the Italian.

"Let me help you with that," Maya said, making Carina smile at her. "Thanks."

"Sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to be so-"

"Rude?"

"Yeah... let me make it up to you," the blonde suggested. "How about I buy you dinner?"