THE NEW PHASE

TEN YEARS LATER

It's ten years now since the death of Great, Brandon has taken the drug drug business to a new level, already called the OGHOWENMA by is associates, cementing himself in the hearts of fearless Don's in and outside Africa, He was always ten step ahead of his associates, having a clean name too in the streets, the locals saw him as a king because of his generosity, and his name was even clean in the crime department except from the heart of one person Davina, who has already graduated from the Nigeria Police Academy. Dedicating her whole life into crime fighting and fighting drug dealers, she went on to study Internal state security and Crime fighting in the United States of America coming out with first class. She dedicated her whole life watching on Brandon every move and step knowing every little single thing about him but with all those efforts she has still not been able to catch him or put him to justice, he was always one step ahead of her.

*          *            *

Brandon and Davina are sitting opposite each other in a bar, there is a bottle of wine on Brandon's hand and Davina is holding a gift box. Brandon is on casual party clothes while Davina is dressed like a stressed banker. She smiles at Brandon who smiles back at her.
' Happy birthday Brother.' She said handing him the gift box
' Thank you very much Davina.' He said smiling as he receives his gift.
' You know I don't have  anything in mind to give you for your birthday?'  Brandon said unwrapping the box
' There's no problem if you don't give me a gift I would survive, chasing you all the time is enough gift right now.'
' But can't you just leave me alone? Like you've done everything and still trying for the past three years and counting to have proof that I'm into drug trafficking, to what... To no avail my dear sister, please just believe my hands are clean.'
' You don't fool me Brandon.'
' I don't want to fool you Davina.'
' The fact that you behave like a saint to the outside world does not mean I believe that, you are just like Great I know that.'
'Ahhh... It's a watch.' Brandon said picking out the watch from the box and wearing it.
' This one is quite expensive sis, you really have good taste.'
' Thank you very much.' She replied smiling.
' And about our father. Have some respect for him, don't just call him Great, call him daddy, he's your father after all.'
' I disowned him the day he robbed my mother.'
'He did not rob your mother of anything, the police were the once who robbed your mother, the government you worked for were the once who ripped you guys of all you have.'
' If only he did not cheat my mother.'
' If only your mother was wise enough, your mom fully knew is hands were not clean, she was enjoying the present and forgetting the future, I don't want that to happen to you also my dear sister.'
' How do you mean?'
' Would you like to listen to your brothers advice for the very first time in your life?'
' If the advice is good enough for me to expose you then I would take it.'
' Can you just please see it that I'm innocent for onces?'
' How old are you?'
' Twenty five years old today.'
' And how are you able to acquire so much at this age?'
' people they do am na.'  Brandon said hissing.
' You don't judge people success and wealth by their age, do you know the amount of sleepless night I do have and effort I put in to get the best out of the companies? Who owns the biggest call line in Africa?'
' You do.' She answered reluctantly
' Who has one of the biggest shopping malls in the whole of Nigeria and Africa at large?'
' You do.' she answered again
' The resources were there and I was smart enough to use them wisely, I expanded it and I'm where I am, people will say it's Illuminati or you are doing something illegal. Do you know how much I make every second? It's enough to afford this expensive life style.'
She smiles and adjusts herself on her chair.
' You know I still don't believe you are innocent.'
' You know I'm tired of convincing you I'm innocent?' He said picking his glass of wine for a long sip.
' So talking about to the future now. You have a bright one ahead if you, just listen to me.'
' I don't listen to criminals my lovely brother, I put them in jail.'
'Oh okay, you call me a criminal without any proof and say you  would put me in jail, do well to arrest me now.' Brandon said dropping his glass.
' Okay Davina, put me in Jail.' He said stretching his hands towards her as if expecting a handcuff on them.
They both look at each other and smile.