Chapter 20: Out Of The Blue

We made an escape plan by making Rosie a pawn in our game. Rosie has always been the camera darling. With her hispanic beauty and adorable quirks, all of those camera freaks outside would definitely give her, her 15 minutes of fame.

And that 15 minutes is all we need.

"You ready?" I asked Rosie before opening the only door I have.

If only I have a back door, this would have been easier.

"Always," she replied.

Aaaaand the 'Rosie Show' started.

V held my hand and with blinding speed we ran past those reporters within a blink of an eye.

They must have thought it was nothing but fast wind.

And I think there weren't any cameras pointed at us. All were directed towards Rosie.

We stopped running when we arrived  at the intersection. I think it would be safer if we don't 'superspeed' anymore.

Someone might notice and think they must have gone nuts!

Even though V had ran I-don't-know-how-many-miles-an-hour, he didn't even break a sweat.

Just how powerful could this alien be?

We were walking fast-paced towards the bus stop to get the hell out of town.

Click. Flash. Click Flash.

Just when we thought we were safe from the camera freaks, we saw some have been out on a break at a nearby cafe and spotted us.

V's purple hair really stands out among the crowd.

"Run," I shouted.

We were being chased by reporters asking us to give them a statement.

We were cornered down an alley way, a construction site on our back and reporters swarming around us.

With cameras rolling and recorders ready, they asked:

"How exactly did you do it?"

"How was that possible?"

"Who are you?"

The question came in tidal waves but we kept our silence.

When out of the blue, a heavy steel from one of the buildings constructed behind us fell.

I'm gonna die!

"Ahhhhhh," we all screamed.

The alien hugged me, using his body as a shield from the falling debris.

"Are you okay, Maddie?" he asked still smiling even though a block of heavy metal just made a collision with his back.

I could hear echoed gasps from every reporter around us.

V let the heavy metal slid off his shoulder like it was a piece of nothing.

But I know it's not. I could immense pain on my shoulder and what he might be feeling right now is far greater.

"W-w-what are you?" one reporter stuttered.

"KEEP THE GODDAMN CAMERA ROLLING" one shouted.

We took that as a cue.

V took my hand and we ran.

I looked at him.

No superspeed this time, V. They've had  their dose of  interesting stuff  to see already.

He nodded  and we broke off into a run.

The reporters chased us.

Again.

They weren't far behind and were dangerously closing in on us.

Then suddenly, a black Mazda stopped in front of us.

The driver yelled, "Get in."

It was Steph.