Chapter 1: Lets Play Soccer!

I hold on
To little pieces
Of what were, I know it's
Long gone, but take it
Easy because it hurts

Let Me Down Slowly- Alec Benjamin ft Alessia Cara

Word count: 1579

"Jingo, Kyra? You both think it was a good idea to skip practice? What if the actually- no they wouldn't... they have no reason to anyways. It's just Endou that's keeping their spirits up." Akira sighed.

Her dogs just barked, happy to be spending time with her. They were walking along the Raimon riverbank on the way home. It was quiet except for the occasional rustle of leaves and rushing of water. Jingo and Kyra padded happily in front of their owner, but soon stopped once they heard a handful of familiar voices. 'The captain is practicing with the lower grade schools again.'

"Come on you two- Jingo! Get back here!" Akira screamed as Jingo took of towards Endou, who was now kneeling on the ground and clutching his stomach. Jingo stood in front of Endou and growled at the two teens who was harassing Endou and the younger kids.

"Lookey what we have here? A Shiba Inu puppy. Those are rich breeds! Too bad!" The taller one said as he kicked Jingo across the way.

"Jingo!" The dog landed with a whimper on his side. Akira choked out a gasp and ran to him.

She lifted his small body into her arms and frowned. "Jingo..." Kyra sniffed at Jingo.

Akira looked up to see Endou staring at the three of them. "Captain, are you okay?" Endou only nodded and continued staring at Jingo.

Distracted with staring at each other, they were brought back to reality by the whooshing of the soccer ball rushing past them and towards the young girl who was drinking from a water bottle.

"Hey watch out-!" Akira stopped short when someone else appeared on the scene. Ash blonde hair, red blazer over a white hoodie, dark grey jeans, but what stood out were his completely onyx eyes. No doubt Akira had seen him around the school a few times. Gouenji Shuuya.

He had stopped the ball from hitting the younger girl and glared at the teens. They took off in a scared flee.

Gouenji started to walk of when Endou asked him about joining the team.

Akira didn't stay to listen as she ran past the two holding Jingo. Kyra ran beside them. "By Endou, see you tomorrow at practice!" Kyra barked.

"Bye Akira!" Endou waved. Gouenji just stared after her.

The next day rolled around and Akira sat in class staring off in a daze. She didn't bother to listen to the teacher, she'd get the notes from one of her classmates.

The door slid open and Endou looked around before his eyes landed on Akira. "Hmm?" She turned to look at him. "Akira! No... time c-come with me!" He grabbed her hand and pulled her with him.

After school

Endou spent the whole practice time trying to recruit players left and right, but Akira decided to watch from the side. See she wasn't really one for talking to others outside of her club. She did have hope that most of the ones they recruited would join.

While walking to the tire swing they had unnoticeably caught up to Gouenji who was walking home.

"Oh isn't tha-"

"Gouenji!" Endou cut her off and stopped in front of Gouenji.

"I'll be on my way then..." Akira sighed. She kept walking towards the tire swing Endou practices with. "I'll catch up in a bit okay 'kira?"