chapter 1

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

As I grabbed my dinner and made my way to the front of the store I stopped in my tracks when a young man with crimson spiky hair in a ponytail placed three cans of cat food on the front counter. My eyes widened when I realized who he was and I subconsciously called out, "Kirishima?" I backed up and watched as the man turned around and returned the same look of bewilderment.

It was him, when he realized it was me, he lit up and scooped me up in a tight hug. "Uraraka! Woah it's been so long." He stepped back and set his big arms and hands on his hips and looked at me up and down as if seeing if I had changed in the past three years. "Yep! You haven't changed much at all; your hair does seem longer though!" I combed my hand through my hair and laughed. "Yeah, I grew it out after school, you look the same too except your muscles they look huge Kirishima." I motioned my hands like a bomb and made a boom sound effect as Kirishima laughed too.

After he and I paid we stepped outside in the dark street, and I stopped. "You have a cat? You bought cat food." He looked towards his bag and smiled. "Yeah, I just found the cutest black kitten, I don't know what to name her yet." He furrowed his brows as if thinking. I bounced up and clapped my hands together. "Oh my gosh! I've got to see her at some point, I could help you come up with a name too!"

His eyes widened and he nodded. "For sure, do you live around here?" He asked scanning the street around the convenience store. "Yeah, it's not the fanciest place though." I laughed nervously rubbing my neck. "Then you wouldn't mind coming over and meeting her? I can let you come up with a name with me."

I was surprised and my eyes sparkled at the idea that I would get to see a sweet kitten. He hesitantly came closer. "And to be honest, I don't really know about taking care of kittens." He worriedly stared at me as if it were a crime to not know how to care for a kitten. I giggled and put a hand on his shoulder. "That's completely fine, I can show you some tips. I had a tabby cat when I was younger." He grinned, showing his sharp teeth and started walking. "Well then, follow me. I live in an apartment building nearby."

Walking up to his door, I noticed that his apartment building was way nicer than mine. The elevator was in order too, I was so used to taking the stairs at my place. He stopped at the door that read 109 and began unlocking it. "I have a roommate too; I hope you don't mind but he shouldn't be here until later." I nodded and looked over his shoulder peering into the apartment. It was a cozy modern apartment with greys and blues. When I walked in, I was greeted with a series of small meows. I quickly turned my head and looked down at the sofa and found a black kitten screaming at me. She was tiny with giant yellow eyes that looked like sun. I giggled and crouched down to her level and admired her. Kirishima started to empty a can of food into a small pink bowl shaped like a fish and placed it on the kitchen tile floor.

The kitten immediately sprinted to the bowl almost slipping and ate like she never had in her life. I stood up and smiled. "Where did you find her?" Kirishima leaned against the kitchen counter and sighed. "Someone seemed to have dumped her by the river by the University and I couldn't leave her there." I pouted and stared at her tiny body eating. "Well at least she gets a loving home." I said, giving him a sad smile. I started to give Kirishima advice when I heard the door start to unlock and open. I turned towards the door to find a man with blonde spiky hair sweaty with a black tank top. He was breathing hard and using the frame of the door to hold himself up. I gasped and stood up, stepping back. "B-Bakugou?" I stuttered. Kirishima's smile faded. Bakugou's eyes widened and then he walked in. "What the hell is she doing here?" He asked in a deep cold voice; I stepped back again but this time tripping on the coffee table's legs and falling back. I scooted back until I hit a wall and cowered against it.

I didn't want to see him. Anyone but him.

"She just wanted to see the cat Bakugou calm down." He said, raising his hands up to hold him back. Bakugou eyes resembled fire as he watched me. I held my breath and ran out quickly and quietly sprinting towards my apartment. The back of my leg began to sting, and I looked down to see a cut from the corner of the coffee table. I limped towards an alley and caught my breath while applying pressure on my cut with my hand.

"You need help?" A man called out from the darkness, I looked down the alley and could only make out a silhouette of him. "It's too late to be alone like this sweetheart." He came closer and I still couldn't make out his face. "Oh, and your leg, you can't walk. Here I can carry you somewhere safe." He whispered, grabbing my arm tight. I winced and pulled back shaking my head. "No, thank you. Please let go." I flinched.

He grabbed my other arm and started to pull my skirt up. I began to cry out and kick with my other leg until I flew back and into someone's chest. I was under a streetlight when I could see that I was against Bakugou's chest. He pushed me back towards the street while he ran back into the alley. It was dark but I could make out some grunting and groans of pain. I was in shock and didn't realize the man had ripped my shirt. I quickly covered myself with my hands and I began to breathe rapidly. After a few moments Bakugou emerged from the dark with his hands bloodied up.

He approached me and I flinched a little, closing my eyes tightly. "Here." He said coldly. I opened my eyes to see that he handed me a black sweater with little white skulls on it. I silently put it on and sighed. "Thank you." I whispered. I winced again; my leg burned so much. He looked down and pulled out a large band-aid. I was confused. "How did you know?" I asked as he cleaned my cut and placed the band-aid on me.

"You left blood on the floor." He muttered standing up. I rubbed my leg and gloomily kept my eyes towards the ground. "Sorry."

He started walking and then stopped. "Are you going to walk home or not?" He said with his hands hiding away in his pockets. I limped towards him and nodded.

During the walk home he said nothing, he only walked close enough so that if I were to fall, he would be able to catch me. When I got near enough to my apartment building, I stopped and faced him. "You don't have to walk with me anymore. I can continue by myself." He stared at me intensely. He walked up to me and picked me up. I let out a small yell. "What are you doing!" I screamed as he stepped towards the stairs. I could've gone up the stairs myself, of course in a lot of pain and at a much slower pace.

He kept silent as he reached the second floor. It was only two stories. He put me down and kept following me close behind as I trudged towards my door. It was a scratched-up door with a 23 on it. When I looked back at Bakugou I could see him holding his knuckles as if it was hurting. "Do you want to come inside; I can clean your hands." I suggested. He shoved his hands in his pockets and turned. As he made his way down the hall I called out. "Thank you." He continued without looking back.