『 8. checkmate 』

Thank u V (pun intended) much for reading~~ 💜 pls vote & comment~ ⭐️💬

Double update! make sure you read chapter 7 first before continuing.

⚠️WARNING(S)⚠️
for those who may be triggered by:
mentions of prescription drug use,
depictions of anxiety disorder and panic attacks,
and mentions/use of alcohol...

none of the following scenes are overly intense, nor do they contain or promote misuse/abuse of said drugs and alcohol.

♡drink and medicate wisely in moderation♡

Word Count: 3,391

ˏˋ POV'ˎ
SOLEIL

Waiting anxiously for Perrie to inform us of our next job, I sipped my iced coffee through a straw, knee bouncing. Esther rested her manicured hand on my thigh and stroked her thumb comfortingly, causing me to send an appreciative smile to her, my dear friend who was practically my sister.

"Please tell me we're going to Vegas," Tilly blurted as Perrie shuffled through her briefcase and retrieving several sheets of freshly printed paper.

Perrie raised an eyebrow with a little smirk, surely because she was aware of the fact that Vegas was the location of BTS's upcoming shows. "Not exactly," she answered us as she slid separate informative sheets to each of us girls, and Tilly slumped in her seat dramatically in response. "There is a comedy sketch of a few SNL comedians being held at an event center in Paradise, Nevada, which is about a thirty-minute drive from Vegas..."

"Eh, close enough, I guess," Tilly shrugged.

"Wait, which comedians?" Everleigh shot forward, huge eyes locked on Perrie.

"Pete Davidson, John Mulaney, Kate McKinnon, Kenan Thompson..." Perrie listed off distractedly as she shuffled through some documents and signed a few things.

"Mother of God," Everleigh whispered. "This is it. This is my fairytale beginning to my epic love story with Pete Davidson."

"He's a drug addict, Leigh."

"But I will be the one to make him quit because my fiery passion and sexual magnetism will be all the escape he needs-"

"If Ariana Grande can't do it, then you definitely can't-"

"You can take a one-way ticket to hell, Esther."

"Kay, see ya there."

My mind was elsewhere, barely comprehending the bickering between my best friends as I processed the information. An electric wave of pure adrenaline shot through me at the thought of being so close to Taehyung and the rest of the boys for another few weeks. Would he want to see me again? Or would he eventually lose interest and stop texting me? Surely he'll be way too busy with PTD Week to interact with me much during this time of me and the girls residing in Paradise.

"So, ladies, as usual, the company will be putting you up in a suite with your wardrobe for the events all ready to go in your closets," Perrie began, snapping me out of my nervous scatter brain. "You're going to be staying in the Skylofts, rooms 526 and 528 right next to each other with an adjoining door."

"Holy crap, that place is like five-hundred bucks a night," Esther muttered, eyes wide with awe.

"Dope," Everleigh said.