wholesome

TAKE THIS ONE TOO
-----

Keith and Lance lay side by side on the couch in the quiet comfort of their shared living space. Their fingers entwined, their bodies molded together, finding solace in each other's presence. It was a rare moment of tranquility amidst the chaos of their lives as defenders of the universe.

Lance's mind, however, was anything but calm. Thoughts and doubts swirled within him, threatening to pull him under. He had been wrestling with his own insecurities, his fear of inadequacy, and the nagging sense that he didn't deserve Keith's love.

Unable to contain his thoughts any longer, Lance let out a deep sigh, the weight of his emotions pressing heavily on his chest. Keith turned towards him, his eyes filled with concern.

"What's on your mind, Lance?" Keith's voice was gentle, coaxing Lance to open up.

Lance hesitated, a mix of anxiety and vulnerability tightening his throat. But he knew he couldn't keep it to himself any longer, not when Keith had been his unwavering support through everything.

"I... I've been feeling overwhelmed, Keith," Lance finally confessed, his voice laced with apprehension. "There are times when I can't help but wonder if I deserve your love, your devotion. I mean, you're this amazing, talented, and brave person. And here I am, just me."

Keith's grip on Lance's hand tightened, his thumb gently stroking the back of Lance's hand. He brought their intertwined hands to his lips, planting a soft kiss on Lance's knuckles.

"Lance, listen to me," Keith began, his voice steady and unwavering. "You are incredible. You have a heart that shines brighter than any star. Your bravery and compassion inspire me every day. Don't you see? It's not about who you think you should be. It's about who you are, right here, right now. And that person, Lance, is someone I love with all my heart."

Tears welled up in Lance's eyes, a mixture of relief and gratitude filling his soul. He allowed Keith's words to wash over him, each syllable erasing the doubts that had plagued him for far too long.

"But Keith, what if I mess up? What if I'm not enough?" Lance's voice trembled with the weight of his fear.

Keith cupped Lance's cheek, his thumb wiping away a stray tear. "Lance, listen to me. We all make mistakes. We all have our flaws. But that doesn't define us. It's how we grow and learn from those mistakes that truly matter. And together, we can face anything that comes our way. I believe in you, Lance. And I'm here for you, no matter what."

Lance's heart swelled with love for the person before him. Keith's unwavering support grounded him, reminding him that he was not alone in his battles. In Keith's embrace, Lance found the strength to silence his inner critic and believe in himself.

"I love you, Keith," Lance whispered, his voice filled with sincerity and gratitude.

Keith's smile was tender and filled with affection. "I love you too, Lance. And I always will. Remember, we're a team. We'll face whatever challenges come our way, hand in hand."

Lance's worries didn't vanish completely, but they felt lighter, more manageable. In Keith's arms, he found the reassurance he needed, the reminder that their love was strong and unwavering.

They stayed on the couch, wrapped in each other's warmth, sharing whispered promises of support and endless love. Together, they would navigate the uncertainties of life, knowing that as long as they had each other, they could overcome

any obstacle that stood in their way.