Surprising person

Benji's POV
The next day I went to school without my glasses as I didn't have time to buy new ones. Who am I kidding? I didn't have money to buy new ones and I sure as hell couldn't count on my dad to help me. I started thinking of possible part time jobs but I couldn't think of any. Eh I'll talk with Mal and maybe she'll know a place.

I was heading to class when I saw Mal coming towards me. I hugged her tight and inhaled her flowery scent which had always comforted me. Our next class was together. We entered and headed towards the back when someone tapped Mal on the shoulder.

"Hey, Mallory. Would you like to sit with me?" asked Luke. I felt a pang of panic when I thought that she would abandon me, even though I wanted her to sit with her crush but I had to know better because she said:

"Oh, hello Luke. I'm sorry but I..." before she could say the whole sentence I pushed her slightly. She looked at me with annoyance but I whispered to her:

"Mal, you are anything but stupid. What are you doing? Your two years crush has asked you to sit with him and you want to decline? For me? What is wrong with you??"

"Yes, but I want to..."

"Sure, she'll sit with you" I told Luke and I gave her a little push. She started smiling and when they sat down she looked at me and gave me a nod. I was so happy seeing her there, with Luke but I also felt lonely. A little voice in my head was saying:

See? Another person has abandoned you
No one loves you
You are all alone
You are nothing
You-

But I stopped it from continuing. NO...MALLORY HADN'T ABANDONED ME. SHE WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN LEFT IF I HADN'T FORCED HER. I AM ALONE NOW BUT JUST NOW. SHE'LL ALWAYS BE WITH ME.

The teacher started talking about english literature but I couldn't care less. I was anything but in the mood to listen to that bullshit. I was thinking about something when someone sat next to me.

I looked up at him and I saw Cameron. I must've had a frightened expression because he started laughing.

"Yo, chill. It's just me. I'm sorry I scared you"

"It's...it's ok" and I smiled shyly at him

"And, what did you do yesterday? Well except stalking me" and Cameron started grinning at me. I felt my face heat up and I looked anywhere but at him. I couldn't think of any excuse so I just scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Don't worry though, it didn't bother me..." and he looked me in the eyes. Wait, did he know I'm...gay? Of course he knew. Someone from school must've told him. Now he'd think I had a crush on him and maybe he won't talk to me again. Damn it.

"No, I didn't mean to...I was just...you know"

"You're cute when you blush. What are you doing today after school?" he asked and I felt my face heat up more

"Uhm..nothing"

"Would you like to hang?"

"Yes, sure" and I couldn't contain my smile. We then started paying attention to the teacher who saw us speaking and told us to quit it.

—————
At lunch, I couldn't find Mal and when she came to our table, 15 minutes late, she was accompanied by Luke. He was saying something and she was giggling like a maniac. I felt a pang of envy but just because I felt abandoned. I tried to smile and I said hello to them.

"Hello, Benji" he greeted back. "So, have you guys heard of James' party?"

"I don't go to...uhm...uhm parties" i replied but Mal waved off my response.