Chapter 1

"Hey! I heard it was your birthday today." Clint said, falling into step with me. I looked behind me, Dallas and the rest of the football dimwits were trailing behind a good few feet away. One of them James I think, came up behind Clint, put one firm hand down on Clint's shoulder. Clint turned half-around to look at James. "Hey Bro," James said as they did some sort of handshake. I rolled my eyes, sighed and walked away.I heard Clint say behind me:

"Hey, go to my house with the guys, let yourself in." I hear him put house keys into james' hand. Next thing I know Clint was at my side again, closer than before. Our hands almost touching. Clint cleared his throat.

"So... Is it your birthday today?" He asked yet again. "So what if s it?" I replied firmly. "Well I noticed your friend Marie didn't wish you a happy birthday. He smirked. "Well......Maybe she did...Oh who am I kidding! She hasn't said happy birthday to me in the last five years! I sighed it felt good saying that. "Well I got you a little something for your birthday."

He pulled out a little small navy box from the back pocket of his jeans. "Oh Clint! You shouldn't have!" My heart skipped a beat.

"It was nothing but make sure you don't open it until you get home Got it?" His tone of voice went from sexy and flirty to stern and weird.  "Oh, yeah, sure, whatever," I acted as cool as I could when my heart was beating as hard as mine right now.

"Here, give me it for a second." He held his hand out to me. Reluctantly, I gave him the box. I felt him put it in some pocket in my bag. He walked back up beside me. "So, any birthday plans?" He looked at me from the corner of his eye. "Well, if you consider sitting at home and doing homework 'birthday plans.' Then ya I do." I laughed to myself. "Maybe, we can hang out tonight?" I stopped in my tracks. Clint stopped a few feet ahead when he realized I was no longer beside him.

"What!?"

"Well maybe, we can hang out sometime?" He said again. I raised one eyebrow giggling a little. "You! Clint Smith! Asking me to hang out with you! Are you for real?! I managed to say in between laughter. "I'm not doing this out of the kindness of my heart if that's what you're implying..."

"And that supposed to mean what exactly!?"

"When have I ever asked you to hang out before?" He said raising one eyebrow.

"Well, never." I was more confused now than ever. "There is no reason to be afraid Rhea."

"How did you-?"

"Lucky guess." He said quickly, and started walking in the opposite way i was going. "Oh, and Rhea?" He turned back around with a gleeful gleam in his eyes. "Yeah?" I turned to face him.  Pick you up at eight." He said with a little wink

I walked back home slowly replaying the conversation back in my head. I was so confused by what had happened. I thought about the present and hurried quickly on home. I threw my bag in my bedroom as soon as I was home.

'Dad's probably at work.' I mused. I opened my bag out fully. I couldn't find it for ten minutes. (I was gonna go mad!) I found it with relief. I took a deep breath. I opened the small navy boz. The thing inside it was so beautiful. It was a locket. It was a gold locket. In the shape of a heart. Just above the heart itself was a gold ring sort of type circle. with a tiny heart moving around in it. I touched the locket and suddenly I got a burst of energy. A few minutes later, it  had gone as quickly as it came.

"Wow." I thought to myself. I looked at the big heart and I opened it. A little piece of paper fell out. It was a little piece of coloured paper with something written on it. I  picked it up and read it, it said : EVERYTHING IS ABOUT TO CHANGE FOR YOU! x

Surprisingly he left an 'x'. But what the f*ck is that note about! I was really annoyed at this stage. I had exactly 0% knowledge of what he was on about. Not a clue. I decided to ask him what he meant tomorrow and to thank him. I looked at the locket again before putting it back into it's navy box.

I went down stairs. I heard two voices roaring at each other in the kitchen. One was defiantly dads, the other one was a female voice. It seemed so familiar to me... Where have I heard this before? I edged nearer and nearer to see if I could hear.

Making sure they couldn't see or hear me. As I got closer, I could hear their conversation clearer."She's not ready. She's too young!" The female voice shouted. "Listen to yourself Mary! She's 16 now. You can't keep her from who she really is forever!" Mary-? Mom is in there!? Why would she be in there with dad fighting over me.

 I stood in the doorway. Their horrified gazes shocked me. They're horrified!? How do they think I feel. "Hi, mom." I said, a little shaky. Today just keeps getting wierder and wierder. I was not sure how to react now.

"Hi, Rhea." My mom said close to tears.

"What were ye talking about!? I'm not deaf or stupid. Spit it out!" I said with a little more rage than intended. "I knew nothing good would come from today. I could feel it." My mom said getting paraniod and worried.

"What do you mean u 'felt' it?" I said inching closer and closer. "Sit down Rhea, there is something u need to know." I took the closest seat wearily...

"Rhea, this is difficult to say." My father began. "Were going to have to ask you to deal with it."

"What do you mean?" I asked panicking. "We'll start with the basics. Mary isn't your mother."

What The F*ck! Are you kidding me!!??" I yelled. "Language!" My father chided me.

"Language...Language..! I found out my mother- or this person is not my mother. Thanks for telling me after 16 years... and you are worried about language..!!"

"You lay one finger on me missy..." My father warned. "Who said anything about that?" I asked using the i'm-innocent-voice.

"Oh, I don't know. The thought popped into my head when I remembered the times I picked you up from the Garda Station, after you got into fist fights. Four times Rhea!" I pouted, that was soo not my fault! The started it (childish right..? "Okay, anyway... Who are you." I asked Mary, my not-so-real mother.

"I may not be your mother Rhea....but..." She looked over at my father nervously.  He nodded.  She continued. "But... I will be your step mother..." She smiled. "WHAT!?!?!?" I screamed before I blacked out.