Chapter 1

The bashful sound of a ringing bell and a blend of all different sorts of floral smells, greet you as the door slams behind you and you step further into the little flower shop.

"I'll be right with you!" A deep husky voice speaks from the open door behind the counter.

"That's alright" you reply, slowly exploring around the different scents and colors. The walls are lined with buckets, all holding a different, blooming flower.

Suddenly a tall frame appears out of the door, dark curly locks messily framing his face. He's beautiful, chiseled cheekbones and bright green eyes, sparkling all the way from his stand behind the register. His apron is neatly tied around his waist, the baggy sweater knit bulging out over the sides. The sleeves basically swallow his fists yet still reveals the bottom of what appears to be a cross, inked on the left hand.

"Right... what can I do for you?" He breaks the silence that settled while you both let your eyes explore the appearance of one another for the first time.

"Um... yeah" you take a deep breath, knowing what you'll say next is going to instantly change the dynamic.

"I need a stretcher bouquet"  you look to the ground, swiftly stroking a lock of hair behind your ear.

"Oh I-... I'm... sorry for your loss" he rubs the back of his neck and a new kind of silence lowers itself in the room.

"Thank you...".

Great, now you're out of ideas for things to break the new and slightly uncomfortable quietness.

"I was thinking something simple... it's going to be understated and small" you still avoid eye contact though you can feel the tender green gaze piercing through you.

He nods, drumming on the counter top with his fingers, the countless rings making noise against the concrete. You suddenly remember what your aunt had told you to include and open your mouth to speak but he does the same.

"Maybe some lilies" you say at the same time. He chuckles lightly and looks down, adjusting the apron around his neck. "Well we're on the same page then... I'll get that sorted for you, just a minute" he comes out from behind the counter, revealing the rest of his body.

You first notice his classic black and white vans as they squeak slightly against the checkered floor. Your eyes wander further up his body, the loose denim jeans go flawlessly with the rest of his outfit. He's clearly aware of his appearance but not vague or superficial. The charmingly messy waves attest to his lack of attention in the mirror for at least the past couple of hours. The tongue sticks out slightly between his pink lips in concentration as he walks between the different buckets.

A couple minutes later you are impressed by his sense of aesthetic as he walks back around the counter, gesturing for you to come closer. He looks expectingly at you as you admire the piece of art he has just so effortlessly created.

Softly stroking your finger over a white petal, the words fall from your mouth, "that's... perfect". He exhales deeply, almost in relief and then sloppily taps a couple buttons on the register.

"Happy to hear it, that'll be 18£, please" he flashes a soft dimple at you, tilting his head slightly.

"What?... oh of course, sorry" you snap out of your thoughts, reaching for the wallet in your... shit.

You both make the realization at the same time. "Oh my god, I am so sorry... I must have left my wallet at home... fuck" you frantically search every pocket once again but your discovery remains the same.

"The funeral is in 20 minutes... can I like... leave my phone or something here for you to hold ransom? I promise I'll go home and come back right after" you already know exactly the shade of red flushing your cheeks right now as you look embarrassed to the floor.

"Absolutely not" his accommodating emerald eyes meets yours across the counter and for a second you heart sinks at his response.

"That's your phone, you're gonna need that, I trust you" his skin is warm as it tenderly brushes your knuckles when he hands you the bouquet with a boyish smile and a nod as you look at him unsure.

"Thank you so much, I'll be back this afternoon I promise" you accept the bundle of blooms into your arms with a grateful smile in return. He nods softly, lifting his hand as a goodbye as you disappear out the door.

——————————————————————
First chapter! Hope you like the vibe, it's going to be quite soft and endearing, this is no dark Harry fic lol.

Don't forget to vote and comment! <3