- PART ONE -

Lights blinded anyone in sight. Heavy footprints echoed in the snow-covered ground as droplets of snow gently fell, leaving a beautiful sight for such a morbid and horrible moment in time. Soldiers lined up, guns at the ready pointing down at the apartment complex.
"To your places, Prepare to shoot. Units in position." Voices overlayed.
"Unidentified creature reported. Stay on high alert." One of the soldiers spoke into their walky talkies, guns pointing down at that unidentified creature. Snowflakes gently falling to the ground as monsters growled and shuffled in the background. A man. Infact, two men, walked out the apartment complex, hands by their sides as they dragged their lifeless bodies from the complex, covered in blood and torn up clothing. Barefoot in the snow, the two men dragged themselves forward.
"It's out sir!" One soldier shouted through his walky talkie.
"Is it human?" The man in charge questioned through the walky talkie.
"I can't tell, sir." The soldier replied.
"I can't see clearly because of the heavy snow." The soldier continued on. Creatures squirmed in the background, making inhuman noises as they squirmed and shuffled in the snow. One step after another, the two men made their way closer to the soldiers, their arms not even moving the slightest as they walked.
"Moving in for closer visual!" The same soldier exclaimed. 
"They look human!" The soldier came to conclusion the two were indefinitely huamn.
"Visibility is compromised! Remain on standby until visual is confirmed." The sergeant replied, keeping his officers on high alert as the two came closer and closer to the bridge in which the soldiers were stood on. Helicopters were set above the two, the helicopter light shining down on them.
"They keep approaching, sir! What should we do?" The soldier continued to question authorisation from his boss, of what to do next.
"Units on standby at the bridge." The sergeant replied shortly. All soldiers on the bridge had their guns pointed at the two, not one shaky hand in sight. 
"Prepare to shoot." The sergeant finally gave the order.
"Do not approach. If you do not stop, we will shoot!" Another soldier shouted through a megaphone down to the two, who only continued walking.
"Alpha Team is ready, over." Another soldier stated. 
"Snipers in position. Visual confirmed. Ready to fire!" The sergeant called out, seeing that the two's eyes didn't look at all human. When you looked at their eyes, it was like a void of darkness, nothingness. Their entire eyes were filled, black. No other colour in sight. 
"Fire!" The Sergeant called out as guns began to fire, many bullets at a time. 

Bullets hit the two, neither fell to the floor dying. Blood poured from the gunshot wounds, but the two continued walking, with each firing gun, monster growled louder and louder from within the site. Guns continued firing, hitting both of the two standing below. The two refused to fall, monsters refused to stay quiet and only got louder and louder. Lights illuminating the two boys, covered in gunshot wounds and blood. Monsters began to get violent, clawing at anything around them.

"Someone once said, that even the thickest darkness disappears with the faintest light." That quote stuck in the twos minds as darkness illuminated around the two. Snow falling, making the scenery beautiful.

This is a story about us, the ones trying to find a reason to live in a world where this is even harder than merely surviving. 

8th August, 2020. Cancel the redevelopment signs filled the neighbourhood. Promotion the petition against the redevelopment on Green Homes Apartment Complex. A run down area in South Korea. Rusted metal chains crealed everytime the wind moved them as water slowly dripped from a broken pipe into an overflowing flower pot, overflowing with dirty, muddy water. 

One step after another, bag strapped to his back and a Flat screen in his hands as if he were hugging it. His head slightly tilted to the side, zoned out, as he slowly took one step after another. A keyboard hanging out his bag, he obviously had an obsession with online games. Whirring sounded in the background as an old security guard hacked at the overgrown grass with a hedge trimmer. The blade suddenly flew off the hedge trimmer only centimetres away from taking off the young boys face, startling him, he flinched and jumped back slightly. He slowly turned to look at the blade which was now stuck in a wooden welcome sign. What a welcome. 
"Oh, my goodness. That was close." The security guard called out, making the young boy turn to face the elderly security guard. 
"I don't know how that flew all the way over there." The security guard spoke as he adjusted his blue and yellow baseball cap.
"I'm sorry. This isn't my job, but they said nobody else could work on the weekend. People here think security guards are slaves or something..." The security guard apologised as he turned away from the young boy, still holding the hedge trimmer. 
"Well, anyway... Excuse me." The security guard said as he walked over to the welcome sign and pulled out the rusted blade. 
"I haven't seen you before. What brings you here?" The security guard questioned the quiet boy, trying desperately to make conversation. 
"I moved..." The young boy murmured underneath his breathe.
"What? I can't hear you. Can you speak louder?" The security guard queried as he leaned in closer to hear the boy better. 
"I moved here." The boy spoke a little louder.
"Moved? Ah! I heard somebody was moving into Room 1410. I guess it's you! Are you living alone?" The security guard attempted to make conversation before the young boy attempted to walk off. The boy turned around to face the guard. 
"Yes." The boy mumbled.
"What? I can't hear you." The guard spoke quiet loudly, obviously not hearing how loud he was speaking to the boy.
"I'm living alone." The boy replied.
"Right." The guard responded, nodding his head slightly.