Return

They drifted through the abyss with only their voices as familiarity. Any light illuminating them was swallowed when the opening closed. "Gorou? Yae Miko? Kuki? Anyone?" Dawpers yelled. "Where are you?" a faint voice was heard. He knew it was Gorou's, but he didn't know where it was. He tried to breathe, but couldn't. It was almost like his nose was being plugged. "We're- we're so done for." Dawpers said as he felt his eyelids grow heavy. As his eyes closed, a bright light began to illuminate the surrounding area. His vision turned bright red as it fainted back to black.

Gorou and the others began to float up. Their sight returned to them as the water fogged their surroundings. He took a deep breath, only to begin choking on the water. They swam up, breaking the surface of the water. "Where... are we?" Gorou panted as he looked around. Hills surrounded the area as debris began to drop from the sky. "Gorou, where's Dawpers? He's not here with us." Kuki asked him. He looked down, barely making out a silhouette from the bottom. He rushed back down, grabbing the boy and dragging him back to the surface before any falling scrap could hit them.

They made it to the lake's bank. Gorou shook off water as Kuki resuscitated Dawpers. The boy coughed out some water as his eyes slowly opened. "We're... alive?" he thought. He looked over to see Shinobu. "Thanks a lot, Kuki." he said as Gorou's ears shifted. He stared towards the sky as Gorou ran into his sight. "Looks like I could use some scuba lessons, right?" he chuckled. The general couldn't help but smile. "You idiot." he said, his tail wagging. A large crash was heard in the distance as a wave splashed onto the four. Dawpers' eyes widened. "No way... But how?" he watched as the remaining debris fell from a bridge. He... no, they... they'd returned to his world.

Dawpers hopped on his feet as he checked his pockets. His clothes were not those that Gorou lent to him, but they were his school clothes. Water dripped from every edge as he rushed to his pockets. "Crap... crap!" he thought as he pulled his phone and earbuds from out of his pockets. "What's that, Dawpers?" Gorou said, looking from the boy's shoulder. "It's a phone..." he responded. His ears and tail lowered as the device failed to power on. As he stared at the blank screen, an idea sparked. As he began to think about the wind and the air around them, his eyes turned a light green. The wind condensed and circled around his hands, drying the electronics. "So he can control anemo? I thought he had a pyro vision." Kuki asked Gorou. "Actually..." he said. He was too stunned by Dawpers' control over the element. The liquid dried as the phone buzzed with notifications. "That was a close one." the boy sighed.

He opened a notification from his email. It was for a free week at a hotel; breakfast was included with the stay. "I wasn't even thinking about that. Thankfully, that solves one issue." the boy muttered under his breath. "Dawpers, do you know where we are?" Gorou asked from behind him. "W- well..." he stuttered. "How the hell am I supposed to explain that this world also counts as a different version of reality, and Teyvat was originally a trial?" the boy's brain spazzed. "Let me put it this way. This is another part of the universe; my world." Dawpers said. He squinted his eyes, waiting for the general to yell at him with some witty comeback. "I- I mean... I guess that might make sense." Gorou pondered over his words. "I guess you can be our tour guide then!" he said, returning to his usual glee as his ears rose, and his tail wagged.

"Here's the plan. Kuki and Yae, I have a hotel room that you two will stay in. Gorou and I will go back to my place." he told them. "As for communication between us, so I can get you guys food..." he said as his eyes shifted to a cool aqua. He shifted his hands as the water reacted, splitting the water in two. Gorou's mouth dropped as the boy walked on the lake bed and picked up another phone. He returned to the shore, reactivating anemo and blowing the water out of the phone. His eyes switched to a hazy purple as he shocked the phone back to life. "We'll talk on phones." he told Yae, giving her the phone. He began to teach all three of them about the technology of his world as the sun began to set.