Night One, Part One

The calm before the storm was beginning to fade. The lights slowly rose.

One more second. Breathe in, Breathe out, and go.

The beat came from the speakers behind her and the sound from her mouth went with it. Effortlessly by this point. While it wasn't her native tongue, Twi'leki was easy to remember. The way it was naturally melodic made the songs sound even better. The set ended an hour later, but the time seemed to pass slower on stage. As she exits the stage, a purple Twi'lek grabs her arm and pulls her into an embrace.

"Eyn, that was amazing! I don't know how you do that. It's like you grew up singing those songs!"

"Nyah, stop! It's only because you've spent the last year working with me!"

"Either way, you still did great," Nyah smiles as she hands Eyn a cup of water.

Eyn takes it swiftly as tonight the lights seemed even hotter than they normally are.

"You know we should really get the stage lights adjusted again, I'm dying up there."

"You're the one that insists on wearing that leather jacket."

"It's my trademark!" Eyn exclaims as she peels the pink jacket off her shoulders, "how else would I stand out up there?"

Nyah rolls her eyes at her best friend as they walk through the back hall of The Starlight Lounge. Entering into the small closet they have made into a makeshift dressing room, Eyn flicks on the lights around the mirror to illuminate the space before slinking down into the chair in front of it.

"What do you want to do with the rest of tonight? There's a few episodes of that new holodrama we could catch up on or go grab some dinner? I haven't eaten anything since breakfast."

"You mean to tell me the only thing you've had today was that protein bar you had at 10 this morning?"

"You know I don't like eating before a set."

"Eyn, that was 12 hours ago, next week I am going to make you eat more than just a bar. How are you even still functioning?"

"I don't know, I could go for some Pantoran though."

"You know I will never say no to that."

"Just let me change quick, I'll meet you out back."

Nyah nods in agreement and steps out. Eyn stares at herself in the mirror for a minute before resting her crossed arms and head on the counter. She was so tired from all the sets she did this week. 3 at Starlight and 1 at Starlight's sister club on Ryloth. At least now she has a few days to recover. Next week she has 2 sets but they're both new music so she will definitely have to spend long days in the studio.

Sitting back up, she brushes the stray hair behind her ear. With a huff, she stands to face the small rack of clothes to her left. She hangs up the pink leather jacket and changes her white top for the green one she wore to the club and out of her skirt into her favorite jeans. Taking another moment in the mirror, Eyn grabs her bag and heads out to meet Nyah.

"Took you long enough."

"I'm sorry, were you in a hurry?"

"I'm starving. We better get going or I'm going to eat you," Nyah glares at Eyn.

The two burst into laughter.

"Come on then. I was thinking Pantorini's"

"Girl, I was going to say Pantorini's."

"Are you sure we aren't the same person?"

"Well they say great minds think alike and I like to think that I have an excellent idea of what to do tonight." There is a devilish glint in Nyah's eyes.

"Oh no, no no no. I have hardly slept between sets this week and we just got back from Ryloth this morning."

Nyah pleads, "come onnnnn, you can sleep when you're dead. We're going out tonight."

Nyah's hands are clasped together beneath her chin as she looks up to Eyn, with big tooka eyes.

"Fine, but you're buying dinner," Eyn responds as she opens the door to Pantorini's.

"Deal."