𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

1/3/23
5:43am

Sevyn rested her head against one of the couch cushions, scrolling on her instagram explore page while black sitcoms from the 2000s played in the background.

sevyn was overly exhausted the day before, and had fallen asleep at about 6pm, causing her to be awake a lot earlier than the rest of the house. sitting in her bedroom bored her, since that's where she always was, which is the explanation for her being in the living room.

she spent this time deleting unnecessary photos/videos out of her camera roll, re-designing her phone layout and social media accounts, scrolling on tiktok, etc.

"let me get up and clean this kitchen before my mama get up on the bullshit." she said, an attitude clear through the statement. she sounded annoyed, but it really didn't bother her, as long as nobody was telling her to do it.

she connected her phone to her speaker and quietly played some oldies. soul for real, jodeci, tlc, new edition, whitney houston, michael jackson, boys 2 men, prince, and janet jackson were just some artists in the mix.

she filled the dishwasher with the filthy dishes resting in the sink, sort of tossing them in and compacting them so they'd all fit. she closed the door to the washer and hit the start button with the yellow light blinking next to it.

"we have to get another dishwasher bro." she observed the lopsided position the dishwasher's door rested in, and the extra amount of effort it took to click the buttons, resembling the oldness of it.

as sevyn finished mopping the tile flooring, her dog, astro, the family's labrador-pit mix they'd had since sevyn was seven, ran out of destiny's room and onto the kitchen floor.

"morning 'stro, ima take you outside as soon as i finish mopping, okay?" sevyn spoke to the puppy, humming the melody of whitney houston's "Saving All My Love".

astro just sat down and wagged his tail, waiting for sevyn to feed and take him to the bathroom.

"hold on buddy, i'm coming." sevyn stuck the mop back in the "cleaning closet" and made her way to the back door to unlock it and free the animal.

"go pee, i'll be out in a minute." she closed the door behind him and made her way to the cabinet above the washing machine, where astro's bag of dog food lied. she poured some into one bowl, then grabbed the other and filled it with water from the tap. she then opened the back door and made her way around the yard, where she could see astro.

she decided to stand there for a little and watch the sunrise, while astro dashed around the grass.

"okay astro, let's go in the house before we start smelling like outside." sevyn stated, even though she knew they already did.

she held the door open for astro to dash in, trailing closely behind him. after locking the door behind her, she poured herself a glass of milk and sat back on the couch to watch the "Living Single" re-runs that continued to play.

she decided to stay off of her phone for a while, which she enjoyed more than she thought she would.

suddenly, a yawn emerged from a bedroom down the hall, and she began to hear the sound of footsteps walking against the cold tile.

her mother, angela, came down the hall, dressed in a white tank top with lace trimming around the collar and sleeves. light pink panties being the only thing on her bottom half, completed by a black bonnet protecting her hairstyle.

"goodmorning baby." angela yawned yet again.
"goodmorning ma- — sevyn pulled her eyes away from the television to look at her mother — ma, why you always got to be walking around in yo' underwear?"